• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cheap Lego Knock-Offs...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The "patent" for Lego expired long ago- as a result there are plenty of knock-off brands but by the time most reach stores in the USA they are virtually the same price as the actual Lego brand products.

Here is an eBay store selling them at half price (once shipping is figured in) of comparable Lego build sets.

Solar Panel, Military series items in Popo Hobby store on eBay!

Posting here so I remember the URL. Going to order a small one, make sure the brick quality is decent- though I am in love with their Aircraft Carrier #113 (my lucky number) I have a hard time justifying spending $100 without having some idea of the quality first. :( It's listed as their last one though.

Aircraft Carrier Navy SHIP Mega 990pcs 3 Feet Long Compatible Building Bricks | eBay

Fair Warning- Always check Amazon too to see who has the lower price. It's a toss up I find between the two.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Knock-off legos... don't do it Joe! Stay pure!
I know I know... I won't mix these in with the real Legos but I can't justify paying 2x as much if their is a viable alternative. I know it is a big IF however. We'll see.

slideways

I always loved building them but was often frustrated at the end because wtf are you supposed to do with them? Keep them together on a shelf? Often they got smashed apart into the big drum of "general build stuff".

(This was 15 years ago when i was a teenager and had 2 younger brothers in the activity). My parents still get me a $3 stocking stuffer every year though to build while the in-laws are annoying everyone.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I had the most wonderful dream... I was in a big building (not a store, not really sure what it was) and Lego had a bunch of builds setup outside in the parking lot- but then there was an unexpected blizzard and they all left in a hurry, not even taking most of the Legos- just tons if pieces left behind as garbage. I went out there will bags and knew where to dig in the snow and was just finding hundreds of bricks. Then in my dream the snow all went away and there was just row after row of amazing bricks- all cleaned by the melting snow- I felt like a gold prospector who hit it rich! My biggest concern was having enough bags to take everything home in. It was awesome.

In another dream I was banging that fake Russian whore from the 24 season premier... But if I had to pick one of the two to come true- it would be the Lego one- it would be fun for a lot longer.