• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

GTA-V for Xbox One

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
So I see they have it up for pre-order with release date go Nov 18. I can't find a "digital code" or DLC option for the Xbox One. Anyone know if that's an option anywhere for a digital download? Is it safe to assume that the disc version will require the disc to play? My goal with the One is to not have to deal with swapping discs when I want to play a game.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Just picked up GTA-V for my Xbox 360 (If you recall I had it for PS3 for a couple weeks then my PS3 fried itself so I sold all my PS3 games...)

Well... it is horrible- Super buggy. This isn't even an "old" xbox 360... I bought it in 2007 or so. It froze up on install, froze up as I tried to save it- not sure if it saved progress at all. During the tutorial was completely unable to switch characters- just didn't work. Luckily after failing 5 times they give you the option just to skip that part of the tutorial so I could get to the actual game.

It's even more buggy on Xbox 360 then it was on PS3. :naw:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
They had issues with the install on the 360. If you Google it, they have instructions on how to do the install to avoid problems. Was annoying, but the game was worth the hassle. Picking up hookers, banging them, then shooting them. Griefing other players is good too.

The only reason I kept my 360 was GTA5. If they had announced it for the One, I would have done the trade-in back when the One came out.

edit: That said, I've played GTA5 about twice since the One was released.

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
When I googled all I got were things telling me not to install the play disc on the xbox, which wasn't something I was intending to do.

Regardless, they should have solved the issues by now.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Odd. I didn't have any issues with my old 120gb 360.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
When I googled all I got were things telling me not to install the play disc on the xbox, which wasn't something I was intending to do.

Regardless, they should have solved the issues by now.
My xbox was old - like launch date 20GB old. I had to go through all of the bullshit suggestions. It installed correctly the first time and I played it fine for while, then the next time I tried to play it wouldn't recognize the play DVD so the suggestion was to delete saved games clear the drive cache - didn't work - uninstall/re-install - didn't work - then they said reformat your drive and start from scratch - didn't work and wasted a shitload of time -- final suggestion was "this game is proving to be incompatible with some DVD drives in early xbox360s." No mention of a planned resolution, just tough shit. So I ordered another xbox360...then based on a couple of suggestions I got some dvd drive parts and did some experimentation on the old one, now it works on it, too. I guess there was something about one or both discs that was just barely out of range of the DVD drive's laser - be that the color/intensity of the laser, or physical movement, or what - don't know. Works great now with new guts in the dvd rom, though.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Who the **** has time to play video games? Aren't you grown with a kid? Put that shit away and be a man. My douche nozzle BIL still plays video games. He's a ****ing moron loser. :naw:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I play video games from time to time. Haven't played GTA5 in the last year or so, but I'll probably buy this new one and play it when I have time.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Meh. Video games may be less "cool", but I'm not exactly concerned with impressing douchenuggets who think its cool to get worked up watching a bunch of convicts running around with a ball.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
All joking aside, I don't mind playing video games. I don't have a console now, but I don't have time to play video games anyway. Too much stuff to do, especially with a 2-1/2 year old boy tooling around all the time and wanting to do everything with dad. I'm sure he will want a game system at some point.

mud-man

WOLVERINES!!
VIP
AHHHH remember the good old days of games. You stuck it in and the fawker worked, no 1 gb patch or ins on how to install it.