• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I'm being sued by the IRS! They told me to call them at (202) 621-0546

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Just got this robocall on my home line. The caller-ID was private but the message said:

Hello, we have been trying to reach you. This call is officially final notice from IRS... Internal Revenue Services. The reason of this call is to inform you IRS is filing lawsuit against you. To get more information about this case file please call immediately on our department number 202 621 0546, I repeat 202 621 0546, thank you.

I pressed 1 after the message to see if it would connect me with someone and then I heard another message about taking a poll before it hung up.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
Got a bunch of those about 6 months ago. There are warrants for my arrest according to the Indian speaking agent.

I wish I'd have been home when they came in, I would have had fun with that one.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Just got this robocall on my home line. The caller-ID was private but the message said:

Hello, we have been trying to reach you. This call is officially final notice from IRS... Internal Revenue Services. The reason of this call is to inform you IRS is filing lawsuit against you. To get more information about this case file please call immediately on our department number 202 621 0546, I repeat 202 621 0546, thank you.

I pressed 1 after the message to see if it would connect me with someone and then I heard another message about taking a poll before it hung up.
I got the exact same call yesterday.
:jump:

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
You should definitely call and straighten it out by giving them your SSN, DOB and bank account routing number and account number. :naw:

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
I had a scammer call me a few months back on my way home from a bad day at the office. I kept him on the phone for nine minutes by asking dumb questions about "the monies I have been awarded by the government" until he had a supervisor connect.

The "supervisor" new his man had been played, laughed and hung up.

For a full nine minutes, some scum-sucking shitbag scammer was ineffective, and I was entertained after a bad day. I count it as a win.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
I had a scammer call me a few months back on my way home from a bad day at the office. I kept him on the phone for nine minutes by asking dumb questions about "the monies I have been awarded by the government" until he had a supervisor connect.

The "supervisor" new his man had been played, laughed and hung up.

For a full nine minutes, some scum-sucking shitbag scammer was ineffective, and I was entertained after a bad day. I count it as a win.
When they'd start their script, I used to just put the phone down and walk away. Sometimes it was 5-10 minutes before they'd figure out nobody was listening and get all pissed off.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
When they'd start their script, I used to just put the phone down and walk away. Sometimes it was 5-10 minutes before they'd figure out nobody was listening and get all pissed off.
They wanted my account number to deposit the money. I asked if I should use the account where my trust fund money was sitting. He got greedy and held on tight.

wank

unknown entity
VIP
gotten that one too.. plus the new Comcast scam , deaf ttd scams, federal "you need to correct/respond ect" blah blah blah scam. you name it most likely I've gotten a call from them,.. most on work lines at least..

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I never do. But then, I seldom answer numbers I dn't recognize. If it's important, they'll leave a message and I'll return their call.