• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cell Phone

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yeah I don't comprehend how one day it works just fine, but the next it has tourettes
Exactly. My previous phone was awesome but had shit battery life, so when I got my GS4 I was pleased to have something just as good/fast but with a battery that would last a full day of heavy use without charging. Then they "upgraded" it so that was no longer true.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
Like what? A locked bootloader, VZW bloatware, and a slow release cycle on OS updates?
They have an unlocked version but I don't think you can subsidized buy it, have to pay up front. The OS is a pure Android and all the carrier bloat as well as the Moto apps update via the Play store if you desire. There's no skin that needs re-written and updates come near or at the same schedule as Nexus devices, usually within a week or two, my first major OS (2013 version) came before my Nexus tablet.

The Moto features are well thought out and actually usable tools instead of gimmicks.

But hey, if siri or touchwiz are your thing...by all means go get 'em.

My first smart phone was a Galaxy S1, second was an S3. I plan to get a new phone in the next month or two and while the S5 is the next logical step I may go with something like an HTC One (M8). Not sure yet, I'll have to make a list of possible phones then go see which one of those I like best in person.

Ralph

VIP
My first smart phone was a Galaxy S1, second was an S3. I plan to get a new phone in the next month or two and while the S5 is the next logical step I may go with something like an HTC One (M8). Not sure yet, I'll have to make a list of possible phones then go see which one of those I like best in person.
We damn near went with One M8s but the camera on the S5 is better. Otherwise you will not go wrong with the One M8.

We damn near went with One M8s but the camera on the S5 is better. Otherwise you will not go wrong with the One M8.
From what I read, the M8 camera is better, especially in low light, except that it's only 4MP. The 4MP vs 16MP or whatever the S5 is can make a huge difference, especially if you want crystal clear outdoor photos, but typically I don't do more than just photo-bucket type stuff with phone pics. I think for my needs I'm better off with the M8's better low light camera than the S5's better outdoor pics.

Ralph

VIP
From what I read, the M8 camera is better, especially in low light, except that it's only 4MP. The 4MP vs 16MP or whatever the S5 is can make a huge difference, especially if you want crystal clear outdoor photos, but typically I don't do more than just photo-bucket type stuff with phone pics. I think for my needs I'm better off with the M8's better low light camera than the S5's better outdoor pics.
Correct. In low light the M8s camera will shine thanks to its bigger pixels on the CCD.

I decided the GS5 would be a better fit for us because of the outdoor photo abilities, and the fact that I'm familiar with the UI already.

You can't go wrong with either one, really... we're nitpicking at this point.

Samsung Galaxy S5 versus HTC One M8 | Android Central

Nitpicking AND after having the S1 and S3 as my only smart phones I'd like something a bit different. Meaning still and Android and sticking with Verizon, but a different brand phone with their own little customization bits.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I could get past the no notification light, but this no attaching files the emails is freaking ridiculous.