• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Article Icon http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/press-room/press-releases/2014/new-sandisk-ultra-fit-usb-30-flash-drive-offers-exceptionally-high-performance/

Can't actually find one of these for sale anywhere, but I'm probably going to pick one up at some point when they do become available. I had one of the LaCie Moskeyto drives, but it was USB 2.0 and ultimately slow.

Amazon.com Moskeyto USB Key 32GB Computers Accessories

Anyway, I like the idea of a small USB drive that doesn't take up much space. Good for being "left in" devices.

I have one that size, a Sandisk, and leave it in my mac permanently, and it is where i have google drive installed. well, drive is installed on my harddrive, but the drive folders/files are all on the usb drive. it works great.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I have one that size, a Sandisk, and leave it in my mac permanently, and it is where i have google drive installed. well, drive is installed on my harddrive, but the drive folders/files are all on the usb drive. it works great.
I suspect that's one of their "Cruzer" series USB 2.0 memory sticks. I realize that when it comes to smaller sizes like this that USB 3.0 isn't super important, but I'm still holding out for one.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I suspect that's one of their "Cruzer" series USB 2.0 memory sticks. I realize that when it comes to smaller sizes like this that USB 3.0 isn't super important, but I'm still holding out for one.
I have one like this. It's a MicroSD reader so I can pop different cards (up to 32GB) in there for more storage (which I've never done.) It stays stuck into the truck radio pretty much all the time.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I wish dropbox would do that. I have an SD card in my laptop that houses my Drive stuff, but dropbox won't let you use removeable media.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Hope you're getting 32GB or bigger.
Got two of the 16gb to try out. If I like them, I'll order the 64gb.

edit: One is going in my Raspberry Pi, the other will be a spare to carry in my bag. If they're GTG, I'll get a 64gb to keep in my laptop.

Last edited:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Scratch that... ordered a 64gb as well. The 32gb isn't Prime....

I wish dropbox would do that. I have an SD card in my laptop that houses my Drive stuff, but dropbox won't let you use removeable media.
Google wont either, but with my mac i reformatted the flash drive to look like a little hard drive and google quit complaining. maybe you can do something similar with windows?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Google wont either, but with my mac i reformatted the flash drive to look like a little hard drive and google quit complaining. maybe you can do something similar with windows?
Drive doesn't mind it a bit in Windows. I probably could do something to trick dropbox, I just haven't bothered to put time into it.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
So far, everything is good. Not exactly flush fitting to the laptop, but still small enough to leave in all of the time. I'd buy again.