• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Patriots stealing Alabama's play to beat the ratbirds luhl

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
:bunnydance:
So during the Patriots-Ravens game Saturday the Patriots ran a certain play where they put a player out wide that was actually ineligible. Then the "left tackle" who is eligible during the play runs a route and ends up catching the ball.

The Boston Globe called this play "One of best ever pulled off in postseason".

It made Harbaugh so mad he ran onto the field to yell at the officials and got a penalty

So where have we seen this play before? It is the EXACT same play Alabama ran to start overtime against LSU.

The NFL commented on the play and said it was perfectly legal play.

Mike & Mike said that after everyone they've talked to said they have seen this play ran only two times, by New England and by Alabama.

While most schools and stealing plays from high school teams, Alabama is coming up with plays that potential Superbowl champs are running.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I think they need to change the rules and not allow and ineligible receiver line up in a receiver position. I have no problem with a tackle-eligible or whatever, but the other part is lame, regardless of whether it works or not.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I think they need to change the rules and not allow and ineligible receiver line up in a receiver position. I have no problem with a tackle-eligible or whatever, but the other part is lame, regardless of whether it works or not.
I think they need to learn the rules of football. HOW ABOUT THAT ???????????:sumo:

mcatdtJEEP

I've always been a "know the rules" guy. That's part of the game. I have lost friendships over wrestling matches where coaches didn't know the rules of the sport.

Highschool crap is one thing... but these coaches are paid big bucks to know the game and are pay and jobs are based on wins and losses.

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
Isnt that the 'flea-flicker'? We used to run that all the time when we were 10 playing back yard tackle.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Did you watch the game? When I saw them line up and the rat birds confusion, I was wondering what was going on. Then rat birds coach going ballistic after the play was bliss.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
:bunnydance:
So during the Patriots-Ravens game Saturday the Patriots ran a certain play where they put a player out wide that was actually ineligible. Then the "left tackle" who is eligible during the play runs a route and ends up catching the ball.

The Boston Globe called this play "One of best ever pulled off in postseason".

It made Harbaugh so mad he ran onto the field to yell at the officials and got a penalty

So where have we seen this play before? It is the EXACT same play Alabama ran to start overtime against LSU.

The NFL commented on the play and said it was perfectly legal play.

Mike & Mike said that after everyone they've talked to said they have seen this play ran only two times, by New England and by Alabama.

While most schools and stealing plays from high school teams, Alabama is coming up with plays that potential Superbowl champs are running.
actually the issues was not the play itself, but that the refs are supposed to give the defense enough time for substitutions when eligibility of players changes. The Patriots were changing eligibility then hiking the ball right away, which is against the rules

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Yes, the team should definitely wait for the opponent to comprehend the play and be fully prepared before they snap the ball and attempt to execute. They called ineligibility, the ref announced it, it was during a hurry up offense, Baltimore was caught off guard. Isn't that the fundamental strategy of football?

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Yes, the team should definitely wait for the opponent to comprehend the play and be fully prepared before they snap the ball and attempt to execute. They called ineligibility, the ref announced it, it was during a hurry up offense, Baltimore was caught off guard. Isn't that the fundamental strategy of football?
it is being looked at by the league, and the refs apparently told Harbaugh they were putting a stop to it. If you watch any other game, eligibility is made known as soon as the player comes onto the field, or right as the last play is dead, not just before snapping the ball