• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Jeep Renegade. WTF is this POS??

Ralph

VIP
Over $20k starting price? :naw:
:puzzled: Last paragraph of the article:
The 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk sits near the top of the Renegade's price range at $25,995. At the entry point, the Renegade Sport model will start at $17,995. Jeep tells us that a fully loaded, fully teched, fully optioned Renegade model will hit a price ceiling of about $32K, but that it doesn't expect most of its owners to reach that max. Globally, pricing and final powertrain options have not yet been revealed.
TTAC didn't think it was too bad, but they also are pretty clear they don't think the US market is the most important place for this vehicle. Capsule Review 2015 Jeep Renegade - The Truth About Cars

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
4wd/awd > 20k.... meh.

2wd shouldn't be available under the Jeep brand.

Ralph

VIP
4wd/awd > 20k.... meh.

2wd shouldn't be available under the Jeep brand.
Are you dense today? $19,995 < $20k and you know they're not going to sell for that.

News flash, 2wd has damn near always been available in Jeeps, and it's been an important part of their lineup.

TacticalFats

Odometer of The Beast
VIP
I looked at them but realized I didn't want to deal with the rock-solid, boring reliability of a Chrysler-Fiat product for the next 10 years.

If it wasn't 1) ugly and 2) an ItaliaJeep, I'd be all over it.

My wife love love loves my new WRX, and will be getting a new car late next year. If they turn out to be decent, maybe I'l get one and give her my car.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Are you dense today? $19,995 < $20k and you know they're not going to sell for that.
Reality > semantics. Price point is too high.

News flash, 2wd has damn near always been available in Jeeps, and it's been an important part of their lineup.
Blasphemy.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Employee price on my Wrangler was under $21k. Sixteen years later the same money gets one a Renegade...but hey, the panels come out of the roof and it's almost like a Wrangler! Wait until they leak, it'll be just like a Wrangler...

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
It is dimensionally very similar to the XJ. The XJ does have more usable cargo room... but the XJ also has all of the safety features of an ox cart. Maybe fewer.

The 1.4T is stick-only. That sub-20k price doesn't get you air conditioning. The one anyone will want is going to be $25,000 with AWD. $24,290, but that probably doesn't include destination.

2015 Jeep Renegade Even Its Pricing Is Small News Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

That kind of money gets you into more substantial vehicles like CX-5, Escape, XV Crosstrek, etc.

I also think it is a weird strategy that they are keeping the Patriot and Compass, at least for a while. Patriot is like a grand cheaper than Renegade.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Sport: $18,990 + $2000 for all-wheel drive;

A/C will be an option for another grand. That is sticker price, so realistically you could pick up an awd version for $19k. I'd rather take $19k and buy the nicest, lower mileage land cruiser I could find instead though :pirate: