• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5

So, numbers 4 and 5->1 then? I'm guessing you started out at numbers 1 through 3?

Yes, I'm just messing with you (even though it's true).

Ralph

VIP
No, I meant the numbers from my list - 5 stages of iPhone ownership. :)
Those numbers don't match up with my experience... I ahd 6 stages.

1. Pre-purchase: Meh, Android sucks balls right now. iPhone 3G, ok, fine.
2. This isn't bad. Kinda fun.
3. WORK, YOU SON OF A BITCH
4. Meh, Android still sucks. Time for an iPhone 4.
5. FVCK YOU IPHONE WHY WON'T YOU DO WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO
6. Pay an ETF to get away from a shit phone on a shit carrier.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
:mischiev:

Can't help poking fun sometimes. I'm sure the iPhone5 is perfectly fine (other than the laundry list of common problems), I just find it entertaining to see the same pattern with every iPhone:

1) Wow, the new iPhone that's about to come out is going to be GREAT!!! All problems will be fixed, and cool new functions.
2) Wow, just got my new iPhone and it's great.. Couple minor issues, but it must be me.
3) I LOVE my iPhone even though everyone seems to be having the same problems I am. I'm sure Apple will fix them.
4) I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone, I've learned to live with all the problems. Apple has been good about fixing the problems and I've only had to go to an Apple store 3 times..
5) goto 1.

Not saying the same pattern doesn't happen with other smart phones, but iPhone users seem to be more blindly accepting of flaws and limitations and are more emotionally invested. I guess that's what happens with you have essentially 1 option and get locked into the Apple/iTunes world. I suppose it's easier when you only get to choose from the current iPhone, the old model, or wait for the next one.
why do you think John Carney, Obama's former press secretary joined Apple? they needed the new version of Baghdad Bob :jump:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I've never had a problem with my iPhone 5. No battery issues either. This was the first Apple product I bought. Bought the wife an iPhone 5 and an iPad Air after. Zero issues with all three. :shrug:

John

Transplant
VIP
The battery issue is probably my fault. Yeah, I bought the wife a 5C. Its supposed to be the same phone but her battery life is great. She watches a lot of netflix in her phone and it still lasts her two days. I don't get it, I'm jealous. I could only last two days if I didn't go online or stream much.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
:( that ****ing sucks.

Got ins. on it?
Nope. Fortunately the GS4 has a sheet of glass glued to the LCD/digitizer assembly instead of it all being one piece. I was able to get a replacement outer glass for pretty cheap (under $20) to fix it. The labor was frustrating as ****. It took about two hours to heat it up and separate the glass (without damaging the digitizer) and get all of the glue cleaned off. It's good now, though.

I also ditched that Spigen case -- I've had a phone in my pocket for 20 years and have only broken two screens - both were Gorilla Glass 2, both were in the past six months, and both were in Spigen cases. The cases feel great, fit great, and look great - seemed like the best of the options to me. I'm thinking they don't protect worth a shit.

Nope. Fortunately the GS4 has a sheet of glass glued to the LCD/digitizer assembly instead of it all being one piece. I was able to get a replacement outer glass for pretty cheap (under $20) to fix it. The labor was frustrating as ****. It took about two hours to heat it up and separate the glass (without damaging the digitizer) and get all of the glue cleaned off. It's good now, though.

I also ditched that Spigen case -- I've had a phone in my pocket for 20 years and have only broken two screens - both were Gorilla Glass 2, both were in the past six months, and both were in Spigen cases. The cases feel great, fit great, and look great - seemed like the best of the options to me. I'm thinking they don't protect worth a shit.
Shit, did NOT know that about them.

and noted about the Spigen cases. I just have a basic bodyglove case on mine and been good(or lucky).

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist

I have the Spigen slim case for my GS4 and have dropped it on more than one occasion. so far so good :shrug: