• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LSU Football might get cancelled

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Louisiana Is Broke, And Now The Governor Is Threatening To Cancel LSU Football

:panic:

As I mentioned earlier, if the legislature fails to act and we are forced to proceed with these cuts, the LSU Ag Center and parish extension offices in every parish, and Pennington Biomedical Research Center will close by April 1st and the LSU main campus in Baton Rouge will run out of money after April 30th, as will the Health Sciences Center in Shreveport and LSU Eunice. There is no money left for payroll after those dates. The Southern University System, and University of Louisiana System, and the Louisiana Community and Technical College System are in the same boat: without legislators approving new revenue this special session, some campuses will be forced to declare financial bankruptcy, which would include massive layoffs and the cancellation of classes.

If you are a student attending one of these universities, it means that you will receive a grade of incomplete, many students will not be able to graduate and student athletes across the state at those schools will be ineligible to play next semester. That means you can say farewell to college football next fall.

Cornholio01

so I had to look it up... last LSU to make an NFL impact was Bert Jones :jump: a BALTIMORE colt :jump:

then I realized Bama hasn't anything close in that time span :(

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
so I had to look it up... last LSU to make an NFL impact was Bert Jones :jump: a BALTIMORE colt :jump:

then I realized Bama hasn't anything close in that time span :(
U talking about QBs? Bart Star, Joe Namath and Ken Stabler all won super bowls, but not much in the last 30 years. They all go and have 4-5 year careers as backups and come back and make a killing opening insurance agencies back in Alabama :jump:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Matt Stafford is the only UGA QB that I can think of in recent memory.
Aaron Murray still has a chance - at least a damn decent career ahead of him playing backup.

Alabama doesn't need an NFL-caliber QB, because their O and D lines get shit done, combined with running backs that can get in and through the holes. A super-awesome QB would upset the balance of the best dynamic system in college football.