• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Apparently Macbook Pro's only last 2.5 years

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Funny that something that "just works" needs to ever be repaired and/or restored from a backup. :shush:
Apple has many faults and I'm far from a fanboy in that respect, but I do appreciate their OS and laptops for my uses.

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
Still running the >6-year-old ThinkPad T61, and it is like the freakin' Energizer Bunny... still going. :)

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
CHROME OS FTW
I have an early Samsung Chromebook that I use for just goofing around at home, but never much else. I'm one of the earliest adopters of Windows 8 that realizes how ****ing awesome it is instead of bitching about the differences in UI so I consider myself a ****ing rebel even more so than the Apple folk :pirate:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Only a good thing if i can get a refund after having paid for it out of pocket.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Got a refund. That was nice. Now Apple is replacing my logic board again. Been acting up for a while now. Finally took it into the local place. They're ordering a new board under warranty and will be replacing it when the part arrives.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Why have a Mac over a PC? I don't get it, wife has a mac book pro but she seems to prefer her PC.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Still running the >6-year-old ThinkPad T61, and it is like the freakin' Energizer Bunny... still going. :)
They were/are tanks. Mom still is running her Thinkpad of the same series. Just do the occasional OS refresh and she's good to go for a while longer.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
They were/are tanks. Mom still is running her Thinkpad of the same series. Just do the occasional OS refresh and she's good to go for a while longer.
The Boy's is my old T42. I don't know how he tolerates it but he does. Fawker has to be about 10 or so more years old by now.