• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The greatest cellphone OS ever.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Given your track record of making poor choices I'm going to assume this means Win 10 mobile is the dumbest shit anyone could ever use :paper: Sorry bro :beerchug:

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
I'm on the win 10 mobile train. I agree that it's pretty damn slick. I'm running it on a lumia 640. Biggest problem with the 640? They stopped making it for Tmobile.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
The wife actually had two win phones in a row, and they were ****ing awesome (according to her.) The problem was that nobody else had one, so all the cool stuff her friends had wasn't available to her. She has a Galaxy something now and all the apps she wants.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I am considering rolling a Win 10 phone, but I'm hesitant to do so because I'm skeptical of the quality of the Windows phones and Im not overly familiar with them. My work issues iPhones like candy. A Samsung is special request only and less than a dozen folks have them at work. We have 150+ issued phones.

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
That is exactly the problem, it's a chicken or egg scenario. Nobody will make apps because the nobody buys the phones, nobody buys the phones because there aren't any apps.

Microsoft has billions of dollars, they should have spent a little and just developed the shit out of the app store. I think I read that they were working on a translator so that app makers could easily translate the app to win platform but have never released it.

It's awesome because it looks and feels just like windows 10, it feels like a small easy to use computer in your hand. The live tiles are great, not gimmicky, like they may seem. All your settings are a button or two away. It crosses devices seamlessly. I love it because working for the Gov't with a Gov't computer, you are not able to get your info anywhere other than your work computer. I can access all my info from my work computer. The phone I'm using cost me $100, total, I own the phone, no reason to carry insurance, for that price I could throw it in the guttah and go buy anothah.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
What makes it more superior?
It's just smoother, it took be about 2 days of forced Win 8 phone usage to swear off android and iOS; this is that turbocharged. The other 2 just feel clunky and not as well though out, hard to explain past that it just feels right.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
no, I just hate when anyone obsesses over any operating system as if they have some control over the features it should do for them like they are the owner of the company making said OS.

It's really stupid.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
no, I just hate when anyone obsesses over any operating system as if they have some control over the features it should do for them like they are the owner of the company making said OS.

It's really stupid.
Actually, Microsoft's Insider program allows direct feedback and input on design and functionality. Not that this is always a good thing, I might add. :eek:

And you seem pretty obsessed with everything Apple makes. :mrwave:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
And I don't care about the OS one bit. It's pass/fail to me. Shit works or it doesn't.

One of Android's biggest strengths and the main reason I use Android is also arguably it's biggest weakness, it's far more open with many choices. Hardware, skinning, manufacturer apps, service provider customization.... When it's time to buy a new phone I have a plethora to choose from, different sizes and hardware specs, generic Android or something customized, etc. Ultimately you are at least partially locked in with Apple, Google or Windows store. The best TV streaming device you can buy is nVidia Shield Android TV. Good selection of Android watches (which will soon work with iOS as well). Tablets, again plenty to choose from.

The one potential downside is there is no Android desktop OS for integration into that, but there is some integration possible between Android and Windows 10.

Whether a Win10 phone or iPhone is better than an Android phone doesn't come into my decision making.