• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Real life story

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Wow, sorry to hear. Glad you didn't need the up the groin procedure. Happy you are OK.

Most shocking about the story is...
Full bush? Really?

I hope you have decent insurance, that injectable blood thinner used to cost $700 a week (or month?) I forget which. I was on it for the first couple years after getting home and was always a battle with insurance to cover it.

I'm sure someone talked to you about this already but you'll want to avoid some foods and drinks-

Warfarin diet What foods should I avoid? - Mayo Clinic

• Kale
  • Spinach
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Parsley
  • Collard greens
  • Mustard greens
  • Chard
  • Green tea
  • Cranberry juice
  • Alcohol

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Damn Lisa! Glad your folks insisted on taking you to the ER and really glad the ER staff took care of you.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Glad to see you are doing better! That's got to be scary, and having to be the calm one had to suck.

Toney Marconi

Fat, drunk, and stupid
VIP
Pics of half shaved bush? :hah:

Sorry, but somebody had to say it. On a serious side, glad you are feeling better.

HHRLisa

Attention Whore
Wow, sorry to hear. Glad you didn't need the up the groin procedure. Happy you are OK.

Most shocking about the story is...
Full bush? Really?

I hope you have decent insurance, that injectable blood thinner used to cost $700 a week (or month?) I forget which. I was on it for the first couple years after getting home and was always a battle with insurance to cover it.

I'm sure someone talked to you about this already but you'll want to avoid some foods and drinks-

Warfarin diet What foods should I avoid? - Mayo Clinic

• Kale
  • Spinach
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Parsley
  • Collard greens
  • Mustard greens
  • Chard
  • Green tea
  • Cranberry juice
  • Alcohol
The 7 days worth of lonovox (the injectable) was 1200. I didn't have to pay for it. It was crazy. But I'm on xeralto now not warfarin. So I don't have to worry about what I eat or anything. But I will be on it for the rest of my life. One clot was putting strain on the right side of my heart and there were so many it's crazy. I am luck to be alive.

Thanks everyone. And thank you for reading. It was quite an ordeal but I'm alive. :)

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Sounds terrible. Sorry you had to go through that, even though it could have been much worse.

Has anybody said anything regarding the root cause of all those clots? Because that just ain't normal. And this is personal medical information, but you know, curiosity makes me ask even though I surely don't have to get an answer.

Glad you're still with us!
:beerchug:

HHRLisa

Attention Whore
Sounds terrible. Sorry you had to go through that, even though it could have been much worse.

Has anybody said anything regarding the root cause of all those clots? Because that just ain't normal. And this is personal medical information, but you know, curiosity makes me ask even though I surely don't have to get an answer.

Glad you're still with us!
:beerchug:
I had none of the usual risk factors. I don't smoke, hadn't taken trips or a long sedentary period. They even checked my blood for genetic reasons. The only things that could have caused it were obesity and birth control pills. Both of which I've had for a while. I've always been big and I've been on and off the pill since I was 16. They had no reason as to why it happened other than that. Before the incident I was a relatively healthy 29 year old. They don't usually get blood clots, especially in the quantity I did. They were in every lobe of my lungs, upper, lower, everywhere.

I am thankful my parents took me to the hospital. I'm thankful the hospital took care of me. I'm thankful I made it through with out needing the surgery to relieve the clot that was putting strain on my heart. It is something I hope I never have to experience again.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Glad you're OK. Blood clots are scary as shit. Yours sounds like there wasn't really a trigger mechanism, which is even scarier...

My wife had a massive pulmonary embolism (full saddle) during her pregnancy with our son. She almost died and so did our unborn son, for the second time. This all happened because of a blood clotting gene she has, Prothrombin mutation, which is kick started by abdominal surgery. She had an emergency surgery to remove a contorted ovary 6-months into the pregnancy. During the procedure, a doctor accidentally pierced the uterine wall and almost killed our son initially. After surgery, she was lying in bed and those automatic squeezing socks weren't working properly - the left one was ****ed up and not functioning. We requested a new pair several times for hours and finally got a new pair after the nursing staff shift change. She was released from the hospital and the SHTF Thanksgiving evening - pulmonary embolism and clots in her leg (imagine that). She had to have a stint inserted through her neck down towards her lung to mitigate any blood clots traveling to the brain. We assumed she was a bit light headed because everyone, including nurses, claimed pregnancy could cause that type of feeling.

Did they run genetic testing on you to determine why you're clotting? You might want to go through the testing to see whether or not you truly need to be on thinners for life. We were led to believe the same pre-genetic testing. Not trying to give you false hope.

HHRLisa

Attention Whore
They did some genetic testing in the hospital. But nothing came back that I was genetically predisposed to blood clots