• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

My job tomorrow is

Ardvark

To find a new spot to relocate our 300,000 honey bees.

I never thought I would learn so much about the behavior of honey bees

Ardvark

I learned that if you put a 8 to 10 feet high barrier like shrubs or trees around them they will fly up that high and stay at that height and you'll never notice them.
They should face south and get 3 to 4 hours of sun a day

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I learned that if you put a 8 to 10 feet high barrier like shrubs or trees around them they will fly up that high and stay at that height and you'll never notice them.
They should face south and get 3 to 4 hours of sun a day
I believe the one house I'm evaluating has a nice southern face in the back yard. Wonder how the college students in the area would enjoy a half dozen or so hives in my yard.

Assuming the Town doesn't ban them like they do livestock.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Honey bees aren't dangerous, and in fact they are quite helpful for pollination. Any apple orchards near you Ardvark? They usually want bees on the property.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
You're such a gawking girl. Go outside and get stung by one. You will be embarrassed after its all said and done.
He'd scream like a small child and cry for his mommy.

I need to check to see if that nest I worked on last weekend is still alive. Not sure if I got enough neat inside or if it remain cool enough to survive. d