• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Floor Plan

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Two revisions, once with an office upstairs.

Rev3:

Rev4:

I like Rev4 better. When you try to stick 3 rooms upstairs, you really shortchange yourself ending up with a small (10x13) room that has 2' on one end under a slanted ceiling..... making it effectively a 8x13 room. Could make the bath on the right en-suite too....

Last edited:

John

Transplant
VIP
Office is stupid unless you give it a door to access that storage so you can call it a bedroom.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Met with architect yesterday.

Shockingly she declined to climb up on the table and literally or figuratively take a shit on my latest sketches.

Gave some good feedback. Showed us her 3 y/o home that she designed. She's 2 miles down the road from our land.

Her constructive criticism revolved around door locations, kitchen layout, and the roof height over the garage. She echo'd the general thought here (that I happen to share) that the area over the garage needs to be full width with a higher roof to make it not look funny. The problem with that is that it grows the floor plan to over 2600sq-ft which probably adds at least $20k between interior and exterior finish. I'm going to make some changes to the plan then run it by the builder for a baseline materials and costs calculation.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Latest iteration.... moves the garage under the main house, reduces the overall width. Makes the second floor more uniform and the roof more symmetrical. I think this puts us in the 2300sq-ft range which is closer to what we want.

Last edited:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Liking the latest iteration. Waiting on a couple things to finalize it. Builder needs to do a build estimate for me. Also kind of waiting until we start excavation of the basement so we know at that point exactly how the land/foundation/etc will lay. I don't need the plan finalized until we're ready to pour the footings and/or I need the construction loan. Going to have the basement excavated for sure before the plans are final, but this last iteration seems good. Might be able to pull off a detached shop too....