• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

motorcycle shopping

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
you streetbike guys... too much HP on pavement for me!!!

thats what i'm talking about... fap fap fap fap fap.... ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Qckslvr

succomb to the madness
Staff member
VIP
I am looking at a DR Z400SM, need something fun, and easy on gas.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Mine isn't :( ****ing ethanol. I was hoping seafoam could clean it up, because the FCR is a big box of "WHAT IS THI...I DON'T EVEN...HOW DID YOU GET SO MANY PARTS IN THIS LITTLE THING???"
I ended up having the carbs off this thing about 5 times. :jump:

Finally put them in an ultrasonic. The trails of shit coming off them from the sound waves was amazing. Finally ended up with a rebuild kit, clean, and air filter. Runs great.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'm looking for something bigger for dad. His little Yamaha 250 isn't cutting it. Maybe a DR-Z 400 or yami/kawi/Honda 650. Plan to pull the KTM out and play with it a bit this weekend. Haven't ridden it since last summer :(

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
This is a 600, there is always enough power if you ask for it relative to what it's for.
That's what I'm thinking - that, or the KLR 650, or XR(L)650. Plenty of power, but also plenty of weight to keep him from doing something stupid. My KTM weighs what his 250 weighs, but has the power of the 600/650s - he'd jump and slide, which a 60+ yo probably shouldn't be doing. His street ride is a softtail, so I think he'd be more comfortable with a bit more weight and grunt.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I would go with the KLR, if you don't ride it much you can stay entertained by the shear amount of accessories for that bike.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
It likely is an adventure trying to pilot a bloated pig that weighs close to 500 lbs with fluids and accessories.