LAST EXIT ON THE INTERNET

JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic > Off Topic (OT) > Off Topic (Public)

Off Topic (Public) Any thread don't mind being public (visible to guests and indexed by search engines) should be posted here. Be nice, these are posts people will see before they decide to join.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 211 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting.

Old Sun 07/31/2016, 04:21 PM #1
BirdOPrey5
JUOT Founder & Admin

BirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angel
Angry Entresto Heart Failure Drug is WORST commercial on TV

It is not lightly I say that this Entresto Heart Failure drug was the worst commercial on television today.

It has literally changed my morning viewing habits. CBS News (Channel 2 in NYC) was my go-to morning and weekend news station but after Entresto commercials started playing earlier this year I had to move to ABC (Channel 7.) If I see Entresto on channel 7 (which is rare) I change to the local Fox station, channel 5 in New York, which used to be my favorite years ago but I left them because of all their bullshit "news" on music, fashion, and other non-news worthy subjects.

I posted this on Twitter a while back and got some likes. A search of the hastag #Entresto finds a number of people who feel the same way and even a doctor who doesn't want to prescribe it because of the damn commercial.

I know... First world problems.
-Joe (This is Post #1,956,674)

After a time you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting...
BirdOPrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun 07/31/2016, 04:31 PM #2
Glenn
Desert Dweller

Glenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeGlenn has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, good for you for taking a stand. That will teach big pharma to fawk with you.
Attached Thumbnails
when-i-offend-someone-online_o_935825.jpg  
Old Sun 07/31/2016, 05:53 PM #3
Jays89YJ
Udaho

Jays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angel

I figured you'd be stroking it since there's a basset hound in it.
Jays89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun 07/31/2016, 06:07 PM #4
BlackDak
Banned

BlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfect

Not like I pay attention to commercials, why does this one cause you to rage?
BlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun 07/31/2016, 07:39 PM #5
BirdOPrey5
JUOT Founder & Admin

BirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays89YJ View Post
I figured you'd be stroking it since there's a basset hound in it.
I know, even despite the hound. It's that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDak View Post
Not like I pay attention to commercials, why does this one cause you to rage?
The whole thing. No one has a guaranteed tomorrow, heart failure or not. And the last scene, the old guy singing to the baby- totally disturbs me.
BirdOPrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun 07/31/2016, 08:09 PM #6
frank_c
lost in the jet stream

frank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant futurefrank_c has a brilliant future

I hate all those commercials. By the time they get to the side effects, I can't see anyone running to the doctor and saying hey, put me on those!
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun 07/31/2016, 09:43 PM #7
BlackDak
Banned

BlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfectBlackDak is damn near perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
I know, even despite the hound. It's that bad.

The whole thing. No one has a guaranteed tomorrow, heart failure or not. And the last scene, the old guy singing to the baby- totally disturbs me.

it's a commercial. What commercial is true to life?

Sometimes the best medical is hope..
BlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 08/01/2016, 08:13 AM #8
pirranah
pierced dingaling

pirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_c View Post
I hate all those commercials. By the time they get to the side effects, I can't see anyone running to the doctor and saying hey, put me on those!
They spend 55 seconds of a 60 second spot explaining how the medicine is going to give you the shits on top of everything else