LAST EXIT ON THE INTERNET

JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic > Off Topic (OT) > Off Topic (Public)

Off Topic (Public) Any thread don't mind being public (visible to guests and indexed by search engines) should be posted here. Be nice, these are posts people will see before they decide to join.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 813 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting.

Old Mon 12/08/2014, 01:25 PM #21
Ralph
Beer Santa 🎅🍻

Ralph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
I was looking at that one. I kind of like everything I see so far.
We actually printed out the cycle guides for both the washer and the dryer and posted them on the basement wall behind the units.

Use VERY LITTLE of the HE detergent or liquid fabric softener. Wifey is still getting used to that. You need tablespoons, not cups. Another thing - if you are going to use the two fastest spin speeds on these new washers, you will have to dry the clothes because they'll have wrinkles spun into them. God damn thing spins so fast it makes you go . Anything even remotely delicate, LOW SPIN.

The schleps at HD pretty much said "buy the one you think looks prettiest" because they don't see many problems with any of them as long as you follow the directions.
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 01:28 PM #22
miwico
Enemy of Brock

miwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angel

Neptune W&D. Circa 2001. Still running.
miwico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 03:35 PM #23
skeptic
The 'In' Crowd

skeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant futureskeptic has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Use VERY LITTLE of the HE detergent or liquid fabric softener. Wifey is still getting used to that. You need tablespoons, not cups.
Extra true if you have a water softener. I'm not aware of any problems with using the full amount, but we use a lot less than the recommended amount on the bottles (that want you to use it all up and buy more).

About the only thing I've noticed is I have some shirts and my Vibram shoes that say NOT to use liquid fabric softener. I use it anyway, very small amount, and after a while they start to get a certain smell. Not good, not bad, just a noticeable scent. One wash without fabric softener and they are back to normal.
skeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 03:51 PM #24
abqtj
Cat6A 4 LYF!

abqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angel

Bought a Samsung at Lowes. Was $1099 on sale for $699
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 03:55 PM #25
ArizonaJeeper
The 'In' Crowd

ArizonaJeeper has disabled reputation

I'll bet ya did it wrong.

we just have a basic one, no but it works.
ArizonaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 04:45 PM #26
abqtj
Cat6A 4 LYF!

abqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angel

http://www.lowes.com/pd_476418-149-W...etInfo=Samsung

That's the one
abqtj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 05:37 PM #27
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!

SAMSUNGS PLAY YOU A LITTLE DITTY WHEN THEY FINISH
BrandonM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 05:37 PM #28
abqtj
Cat6A 4 LYF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonM7 View Post
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 06:16 PM #29
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!

It's fun for about a month, after that it's SHUT THE **** UP WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG I JUST FELL ASLEEP ARGHHHH!
BrandonM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 06:19 PM #30
Mark
Ay Caramba!

Mark has disabled reputation

Quote:
Washing machine SAMSUNG WF60F4E0W0W end song - YouTube

It's fun for about a month, after that it's SHUT THE **** UP WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG I JUST FELL ASLEEP ARGHHHH!
Our's does that. I've learned to tune it out.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 07:06 PM #31
Ralph
Beer Santa 🎅🍻

Ralph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant futureRalph has a brilliant future

Quote:
MY MAYTAGS GO RINGY DINGY DINGY

Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 07:13 PM #32
abqtj
Cat6A 4 LYF!

No one in town could get me a Maytag until the 18th-22nd...no thank you
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 07:16 PM #33
pejeeper
Ninjas need not apply

pejeeper has disabled reputation

JUOT approved brand?

Female.
pejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 07:18 PM #34
abqtj
Cat6A 4 LYF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejeeper View Post
JUOT approved brand?

Female.
Diane doesn't touch my laundry, she's messed it up enough times.
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 07:22 PM #35
pejeeper
Ninjas need not apply

pejeeper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Diane doesn't touch my laundry, she's messed it up enough times.
Then you have a defective model. Return for servicing.
pejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 07:46 PM #36
neevo
Limey Hippo

neevo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigsby View Post
I have LG and have been very happy with them.

The most important lesson I have learned with front loaders is to NOT use the liquid detergent. It creates a gunk in the machine that makes the unit stink as well as your clothes. After much online research for a solution I learned that the powdered detergent dumped right in the drum solves the problem entirely.
The easy fix that I found is to do a hot wash about every 8-10 loads which cleans out the gunk in the machine.
Using white vinegar as a softener also helps if you dont mind your clothes smelling of it until they are dry
Old Mon 12/08/2014, 09:36 PM #37
Ralph
Beer Santa 🎅🍻

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevo View Post
The easy fix that I found is to do a hot wash about every 8-10 loads which cleans out the gunk in the machine.
Using white vinegar as a softener also helps if you dont mind your clothes smelling of it until they are dry
Once a month, run one of these through.
Amazon.com Whirlpool - Affresh High Efficiency Washer Cleaner, 3-Tablets, 4.2 Ounce Home Improvement
Old Tue 12/09/2014, 12:42 AM #38
themonk
ex-monk.

themonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfectthemonk is damn near perfect

Quote:
I use white vinegar in every load. Smell is mild.
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 12/09/2014, 07:32 AM #39
grigsby
The 'In' Crowd

grigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud ofgrigsby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
or just use the powder.

http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

http://www.onlinetaxrevolt.com/

grigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 12/09/2014, 09:25 AM #40
Ralph
Beer Santa 🎅🍻

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigsby View Post
or just use the powder.
Right. It's a miracle that my wife does ANY laundry. You think I'm going to tell her how to do it and ruin that?