• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Favorite Old School Video Games? (SNES/Genesis years...)

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Me and my buddies played perfect dark and smash bros all the fawkin time. The nintendo64 smash bros fetches a hefty sum in the resale market.
My N64 and games are still sitting on a desk with a ~27" TV at my parents' house.

mcatdtJEEP

Me and my buddies played perfect dark and smash bros all the fawkin time. The nintendo64 smash bros fetches a hefty sum in the resale market.
I never played smash bros. I think that came after I graduated college and I just didn't play as much.

Pd was after graduation too so I didn't quit playing cold turke.... but smash just wasn't something I got into.

N64 to me, was the most playable system ever. Never liked the game cube as much

Mariokart 64 was the best mariokart too

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I never played smash bros. I think that came after I graduated college and I just didn't play as much.

Pd was after graduation too so I didn't quit playing cold turke.... but smash just wasn't something I got into.

N64 to me, was the most playable system ever. Never liked the game cube as much

Mariokart 64 was the best mariokart too
Smash bros on the 64 and GameCube fawking rock.

Ralph

VIP
:werd:

Also Ikari Warriors and Contra
****, how could I forget about Contra? :/self:

I have two non-working NES systems and all my cartridges here. I've tried putting new connectors in them, still no dice :teary: Playing these old games on emulators just aint the same.

I had a cousin that was way into RBI baseball, but I always hated that game. Could never get the god damn outfielders to catch the ball.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Playing these old games on emulators just aint the same.
Yeah...I have emulators on the PSP, Ouya, and Android phone and tablet but sometimes it's better to play the real thing on an old CRT.

My nephew will play my old Colecovision for hours. I taught him how to solder and we built a couple custom controllers out of some old plug and play Space Invaders games.

I have a wire shelf on wheels with an old Magnavox CRT, the Colecovision, Bally Astrocade, Atari 7800, and one of the Atari Flashbacks. Once I get a flashcart for 2600 and 7800 games I will dump the Flashback and put the 2600 and 7800 cartridges back in storage.

Ralph

VIP
I have a wire shelf on wheels with an old Magnavox CRT, the Colecovision, Bally Astrocade, Atari 7800, and one of the Atari Flashbacks. Once I get a flashcart for 2600 and 7800 games I will dump the Flashback and put the 2600 and 7800 cartridges back in storage.
My favorite out of the bunch of those early systems was my Intellivision. Not sure what happened to mine (I seem to remember it shit the bed), or to my 2600jr. :shrug:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Never had an INTV. Friend of ours did but we didn't play it much. Most of our group of friends went from 2600 to Coleco to C64.

A local store was blowing out the Astrocades for $50 with $5 games, mom came home one day with the console and a bagful of games. The Astrocade was practically the only thing I didn't take when I moved out, I bought one on eBay last year. Found a flashcart with every "official" game and a bunch of homebrews on it for $100. Very underrated system, but fragile and prone to overheating.

There's a new Intellivision Flashback out, with something like 60 games for $40.

I keep thinking I'm going to build some kind of mame cabinet or maybe just a simple mame setup, but I never get around to it...

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I have a USB SNES controller that works well and for the tablet a Nyko Playpad. Playpad is Bluetooth and would probably work with Fire TV and Ouya.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
NES has Skate or Die and California Games... On the Commodore I remember both Summer Games and Winter Games fondly but only Winter Games was ported the NES.

mcatdtJEEP

Loved some blades of steel. My friend and I realized when couldn't score by shooting, since we were both good at goalie on that arrow. But with a straight on breakaway, you could wait for the arrow to go to the top, have you opponent follow it, and the pass, not shoot, the puck straight in. Of course, if he doesn't follow the arrow, you simply shoot it in.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
NES has Skate or Die and California Games... On the Commodore I remember both Summer Games and Winter Games fondly but only Winter Games was ported the NES.
but they came out on the C64 first. Until the very end of the PS2 days, the C64 was the system with the biggest library

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
but they came out on the C64 first. Until the very end of the PS2 days, the C64 was the system with the biggest library
We played Winter Games all the time. Space Taxi, Bruce Lee, the original Castle Wolfenstein...

I have what is supposed to be the complete C64 ROM collection, 12 gb worth, almost 7 gb is games.