• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

TimeWiener raising Modem Rental Fees

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
Raising by 1/3 to eight bucks per month. :squint: Time to buy a cable modem to replace their (20+ years old) Motorola SB4100.

New SB6141 on the way.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
If they follow in the footsteps of Comcast they will also disable the ability to initiate VPN connections unless you upgrade to a business plan.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
The Comcast assimilation hasn't even taken place yet and they've already sold all of Ohio and most of Michigan to Charter. :loopy:

If they follow in the footsteps of Comcast they will also disable the ability to initiate VPN connections unless you upgrade to a business plan.
Really? I have a hard time believing that. I know they killed mail servers (block port 25), one of the reasons I switched to business class, but enough people work from home now I can't believe they'd block VPN.