• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Big Ben & The Eiffel Tower

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I have been looking for a good Eiffel Tower set for a while. Unfortunately Lego's two options are out of the question.

The Lego Architecture Eiffel Tower (21019) is too small and not very detailed IMO and at $32 is a poor value.

Unfortunately the "other" Eiffel Tower (10181) was a huge set that has been retired for years. It goes for over $1000 used and twice that new in box.

So I have been looking for alternatives. I've seen the Nanoblock one and other tiny blocks that are just more frustration than fun for me. And of course completed it's even smaller than the Lego Architecture one.

Today I finally found what I hope is a happy medium from a company called WANGE. I've heard mixed reviews but more positive than negative. So I took the plunge and purchased both their Eiffel Tower and Big Ben sets-

Each is just under $50

Eiffel Tower - Amazon.com Wange 8017 Eiffel Tower Interlocking Building Bricks 978pcs Toys Games

Big Ben - Amazon.com THE BIG BEN of London BUILDING BLOCKS 1642pcs set, Compatible with Lego parts Toys Games

Both will be roughly 2 feet tall when complete.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I have to say I was very impressed with the Eiffel Tower set- if Big Ben is of the same quality I will be very happy and look for more Wange sets. I know they have a Tower of Pisa and others.

The brick quality isn't exactly as good as Lego- but it is very close. At least an 8 of 10. Biggest complaint is some bricks were a bit lacking on clutch power- the ability for one brick to stick to the one below it- but the tower feels solid once complete. I didn't hold it by the base to move it, it wasn't necessary.

The instruction booklet is surprisingly short but still easy to follow. A fair number of extra pieces and no missing pieces.

It certainly seems to be several inches over 2 feet- though I didn't measure it exactly.

Amazon.com Eiffel Tower of Paris, France - Building Blocks 978 Pcs Set In Gift Box Toys Games

Attachments