• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Enclosed porch/sunroom addition

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Not black. It was painted to match the stain on the other parts of the house. The color is more like chocolate pudding.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
The rest of the house is board and batten siding. It breathes very well. Cost to keep it cool in the summer is less than what I paid on my light-colored stucco place. Most of the south side is protected by a big covered patio, and this end has a lot of trees to keep it shaded.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Ceiling in -

Drywalled -

Taped, painted, ceiling fans in last weekend -

That is where it currently sits. Still need to do flooring and trim out the windows. Dieselgal already bought a couch for in there.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Is that thing going to have AC?
Eventually...when we update this end of the house to the modular systems. With all of the insulation it never got uncomfortably warm in there this summer. It actually helped the bedroom stay way cooler. If we kept the french doors open it was about the same temp as the bedroom. With the fans on it doesn't need anything more. It is already our favorite room to hang out in.

Reactions: Meh

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Want to do the same thing, but move the bathroom out and extend the master closet into where the small bathroom is. Just sunk more $$ than I wanted to updating that "hole" when replacing a leaky '70's valve apron turned into a complete reno. Still not done throwing money at it. The master bedroom would be soooo much roomier. I think the addition of an A/C unit for that side of our house would be ideal.