• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LOL Jeeps...and tourists

John

Transplant
VIP
Wow. Super lucky.

Tourists in their jeep rentals really are an issue there. They don't know trail etiquette and drive way too fast. I almost got run off the road by an idiot in a rental jk going way too fast on Yankee Boy. It's a super easy trail, but it was on the shelf road part and he could have killed us. The idiot probably didn't even know he was in the wrong.

John

Transplant
VIP
That should be covered, it's a real road they were on.
That's correct. It varies by state though. CO is a state where as long as you are on a forest service road you are covered. That also extends to rentals. CO is one of a handful of states where that applies to rentals too. Many states you void the rental contract if you go offroad.

On a somewhat related note, towing voids most rental contracts unless it's through their truck division. Even though I see it on the roads all the time...

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Been up there a bunch of times.

I was once on a trail in Breck and ran into a couple riding in the back of a converted Jeep that had some sort of canopy thing installed on the back.
When we approached each other on the trail, the driver didn't want to back up the hill to let me pass and it was really dangerous for me to try and back down the hill.

I ended up just turning off the XJ and sitting there for about 15 minutes with some friends until the dumbass driver backed up the hill about 100 feet to let me pass.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
Been up there a bunch of times.

I was once on a trail in Breck and ran into a couple riding in the back of a converted Jeep that had some sort of canopy thing installed on the back.
When we approached each other on the trail, the driver didn't want to back up the hill to let me pass and it was really dangerous for me to try and back down the hill.

I ended up just turning off the XJ and sitting there for about 15 minutes with some friends until the dumbass driver backed up the hill about 100 feet to let me pass.
sounds like a lot of fun