• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

My baby

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Put new steering wheel cruise and radio controls in tonight. Had to take the steering wheel apart aka take the air bag off. Did due diligence and de energized the car for about 20 minutes and handled it with care. Came off easy enough and the controls went in with no issues. Problem wasn't the switch function, I wore all the paint off in 9 years so all I had for indication was my memory of what went where. Not difficult but it's nice to see everything as it should be.
Had to do the same thing to my old wagon after 230,000ish miles.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Just put a new thermostat in. Been running a little cool for awhile now and throwing a CEL. Ford wanted about 340 to put a new one in, I did it for 18 bucks from Rock Auto. It was a PITA but I got it. Comes up to temp now and stays right on the mark. Took it for test drive and I look down and water is forming a steam while stopped for fuel, much to my relief a dude a couple bays down must have been draining a cooler. jjj.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I'm pretty sure mine weren't helped by the excessive compulsive cleaning that I do. :)
That I don't do. :jump:

Contacts were just worn out on mine. I use cruise more often than not on the open road... keeps my license intact.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
That I don't do. :jump:

Contacts were just worn out on mine. I use cruise more often than not on the open road... keeps my license intact.
All of the switching worked, just no paint left. I pretty much drive with cruise. Keeps me going the right speed.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Exactly.

Which in my case is just below my getting nailed.

I'm a 5 over guy now. I don't feel like the added insurance expenses are wanted at this point. Also use the Waze app, seems to do well in populated areas for pointing out the popo.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I like Waze, certainly not as useful here in BFE. I'm frequently in the 10-15 over range depending on traffic and time.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I like Waze, certainly not as useful here in BFE. I'm frequently in the 10-15 over range depending on traffic and time.

Yeah, sometimes you have to do 90 on the interstate here to stay with traffic. No problem for the little Foci. The Wrangler and XJ both like 80 but not 90.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
My brother told me he or a coworker had hsi 97 XJ up to 110. I call BS.

I don't know Monk, the CSP used the XJ on the highways here for years. I imagine they had to go that fast now and then. For us civilians that would be a stretch.

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
I was actually looking to buy a Focus SVT from the early '00s but holy shit are those things overpriced by most sellers. Sweet little cars.

Can't ever picture driving a normal Focus though. It's like the car for single mothers who wanted a Civic but their child support payments wouldn't cut it.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I was actually looking to buy a Focus SVT from the early '00s but holy shit are those things overpriced by most sellers. Sweet little cars.

Can't ever picture driving a normal Focus though. It's like the car for single mothers who wanted a Civic but their child support payments wouldn't cut it.

Yeah, I don't get that mentality but whatever. Nothing wrong with the car.