• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Leopard

Yellowdog

is it really that different

i have the latest 10.4.9
and i got too many things to upgrade if i move up..i will wait a year anyway till they get most of th ebugs out

but what are the most noticable differences

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
The "Spaces" multiple desktop is something I rely on a lot on my little 13.3 inch screen. The performance is a little better... just be aware that Spotlight will like to index the drive on startup and they have fixed that since they released the newest upgrade. Microsoft Office 08 sucks. Crashes for no reason and is slow sometimes.

Yellowdog

The "Spaces" multiple desktop is something I rely on a lot on my little 13.3 inch screen. The performance is a little better... just be aware that Spotlight will like to index the drive on startup and they have fixed that since they released the newest upgrade. Microsoft Office 08 sucks. Crashes for no reason and is slow sometimes.
i have spotlight, bluetoot, airport etc all shut off..i have no search functions..i need fast processor speeds... crap always running in the background slows down my sessions

when you get protools they have a whole optomization list to set up for fastest most stable performance

i would have to upgrade my protools too..and i guess microsoft office

ehh doesn't seem worth it

Instead of upgrading MS office, you might want to give openoffice a shot. It's free and for most people it does everything they need. I'd suggest installing it on your current system to see if does everything you need and you are comfortable using it. If so, you can avoid the cost of upgrading (assuming you're not pirating it) as well as the crashes CB mentioned.

dorg

Dewbie
I liked Tiger a lot and like Leopard even more. Runs a lot smoother and the small stuff like quick view, spaces, and stacks just make everything a lot easier. My roommate's running Pro Tools too and is still on 10.4.9. I know a few others that have run LE with no problems on 10.5 and others that are pulling their hair out over it... Seems to be a case-to-case thing.

Yellowdog

I liked Tiger a lot and like Leopard even more. Runs a lot smoother and the small stuff like quick view, spaces, and stacks just make everything a lot easier. My roommate's running Pro Tools too and is still on 10.4.9. I know a few others that have run LE with no problems on 10.5 and others that are pulling their hair out over it... Seems to be a case-to-case thing.
i just went to Digi's DUC .... i ain't switchin at least till 2009..too many quirks..my system is as solid as a rock and does everything i need

Toney Marconi

Fat, drunk, and stupid
VIP
I got a copy of "Snow Leopard" today. I haven't installed it on anything yet. I'll probably install it on a second partition on something in the next couple of weeks. This early on, I'm sure it will look the same, just waaay less stable than Leopard.