• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

OMFG.

Taggart

Excelsior
A bee forum? :puzzled:

I live in Africanized bee territory. Know what the difference is between them and other honeybees? Unless you kick their nest or run it over with a lawnmower, nothing.

Fleg

Bewbie
I don't think we have killer bees up here yet. The media would have made a huge deal out of it by now.

Taggart

Excelsior
I don't think we have killer bees up here yet. The media would have made a huge deal out of it by now.
They don't tolerate cold winters.

I came upon a nest of them in a hollow cottonwood in an oasis in Joshua Tree NP several weeks ago. I could hear the buzzing through a motorcycle helmet and earplugs. Good thing.

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The graphic is outdated, they have moved east all the way to florida..

The cold winters have slowed their progress but not eliminated it- they are adaapting to the cold.

Yellowdog

The graphic is outdated, they have moved east all the way to florida..

The cold winters have slowed their progress but not eliminated it- they are adaapting to the cold.
the more they interbreed the weaker those traits will become

it's like AIDS the most virulent strains died out because they killed the host so fast that it was hard to pass on quickley..mutated strains that were left had longer incubation and exacerbation time sequence.....it ain't just new meds that are tackling it

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I know they _hope_ that will happen but it seems unlikely... the aggressive gene is dominant, it only needs it from 1 'parent' to be africanized... It's like releasing a swarm of black haired guys and girls on an all blonde population.. You'll get all colors but eventually there will be no blondes and lots of dark haired people.

the more they interbreed the weaker those traits will become

it's like AIDS the most virulent strains died out because they killed the host so fast that it was hard to pass on quickley..mutated strains that were left had longer incubation and exacerbation time sequence.....it ain't just new meds that are tackling it
says the king of STDs :banana:

Chevtech

Secret forklift mechanic
A bee forum? :puzzled:

I live in Africanized bee territory. Know what the difference is between them and other honeybees? Unless you kick their nest or run it over with a lawnmower, nothing.
You're obviously clueless Duane.

:/self:

Stay tuned to this forum for info that could save your life.

:naw: