• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The end of Top Gear?

neevo

Limey Hippo

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC
op Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.

The corporation said the presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.

At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".
Pity as he was funniest when being controversial

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
They're already filming shows in the US. I'm sure they could film another similar show here without a problem.

neevo

Limey Hippo
BBC probably needs him more than he needs them.
Cut your nose to spite your face does seem to apply here, but the Beeb is just really civil service, and hence a political, outfit. How they will cope without the money coming in from that show I dont know. I am sure it is the most popular non-fiction show worldwide

neevo

Limey Hippo
They're already filming shows in the US. I'm sure they could film another similar show here without a problem.
In this weeks episode they had Tanner helping May, and helping properly not the usual UK way of helping him crash...

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
In this weeks episode they had Tanner helping May, and helping properly not the usual UK way of helping him crash...
I guess I meant the UK Top Gear guys or just clarkson could film another non-top gear car show.

Does anyone know if the Australian Top Gear is done? I watched some on finalgear.com before they were forced to take everything down.

neevo

Limey Hippo
You think so? New stig is definitely faster than the previous one.
No, just kiding. Someone on a UK forum has mentioned being at the TG track for a show and noticed a race driver there chatting to the crew who wore similar boots to the Stig when he was later introduced,

For the life of me I cannot remember who he said it was :banghead: