• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

2015 JK

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
You should whine about it some more. That will show me even though no one is on my ignore. jjj

Last edited:

gcb

VIP
Installed a Bestop Trektop NX softtop (which my wife already hates), some hardcore Mopar floormats, and a Smittybilt front winch bumper. This thing was on clearance for $199 shipped. Made by Chinamen, but 3/16" thick. Hell of a deal, I think. I just wish it had a spot for the OE foglamps. It looks goofy as hell with the stock tires on it.

gcb

VIP
Had to drop it off at the dealer for warranty work yesterday. The battery died. It's not even 1.5 years old, so that sucks. I've got a winch and auxillary 12V outlet hooked straight to the battery, but I've only used the winch twice. I doubt that was the cause.

I also got the parking brake lever (handle?) replaced under warranty a few months ago.

Other than those two, it's been a fun little vehicle. 28K miles in 16 months averaging 22 mpg.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Really irritates me Jeep went ot the 5 on 5 bolt pattern. I see cheap JK tires/wheels on CL all the time but were I to buy the proper adapters I'd lose any cost advantage for using them.

gcb

VIP
I still have mine in my garage. Went from the dealer to home so basically brand new, how much can I get for them?
For the stock Sport tires and wheels you can only get a few hundred $. I picked up a second set of 5 "New" for $175. That should last us until it's time to lift/ruin it.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Really irritates me Jeep went ot the 5 on 5 bolt pattern. I see cheap JK tires/wheels on CL all the time but were I to buy the proper adapters I'd lose any cost advantage for using them.
Did you see my solution to this problem in my bfg tire thread last week before I had to nuke it from the miturdo infestation?