• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

JUOT Approved Gas Range?

gcb

VIP
I bought the cheapest 5 burner stainless Lowe's had in stock. Works great! If you spend more than two grand you're either showing off your money or a fool, unless you or your wife is a chef.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I approve of a gas range of over 500 miles per tank :pirate:

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I may drop some coin on a range, but only because I want at least 36" size group and a griddle. Honestly don't think I can fit bigger in the kitchen I'm designing. Kitchen is the hardest part due to the location I want it and the style of the house which dictates a lot

John

Transplant
VIP
Those are massive and what type of ventilation system do you need for those commercial units?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Those are massive and what type of ventilation system do you need for those commercial units?
I'd go with a hood. Honestly don't know if they require additional ventilation. Would be surprised if that were the case.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Looks like commercial equipment is problematic in homes due to non residential depths and nonstandard widths as well as not being rated for proximity to drywall and wood cabinets.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
During final walk...

Inspector: That range requires a Type 1 hood in non-combustible construction assemblies.

Willy & Builder: WUT