• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Official Star Wars - Rouge One Trailer

I just watched SW 7 the Force Awakens this weekend. I'll watch that one when it comes out on video/streaming.

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Why don't they just make a CW TV show? Forrest Whittaker? Come on!

ccsp

Hello internet
VIP
I'm confused. I see the Death Star which was destroyed in Episode IV (1977) the newest was supposed to be Episode VII...they are going back in time again?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I believe this movie takes place in the original era. This isn't episode 8 which is coming out in 2018 IIRC.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
They are going to go back and fill in gaps between the stories from the first trilogy. As long as they are well done, I say make as many as you can. I think a Hans Solo prequel is coming next

I'm confused. I see the Death Star which was destroyed in Episode IV (1977) the newest was supposed to be Episode VII...they are going back in time again?
I believe this movie takes place in the original era. This isn't episode 8 which is coming out in 2018 IIRC.
They are going to go back and fill in gaps between the stories from the first trilogy. As long as they are well done, I say make as many as you can. I think a Hans Solo prequel is coming next
I didn't know any of this. I will say number 7 really felt like a remake of the original trilogy. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but if you've seen it you probably know what I'm talking about.

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
I will say number 7 really felt like a remake of the original trilogy. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but if you've seen it you probably know what I'm talking about.
JJ Abrams did that on purpose. He loaded it with nostalgia to create a clear differentiation between the new trilogy and the prequels.

I'm fine with that. It was a good movie. All of the new movies will feel a little different from each other as well. They'll all have different directors.

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
This is about the group that stole the plans to the first death star, which eventually end up in R2-D2's memory. It takes place before episode 4.

This and the other side movies like the Han Solo movie, will be Star Wars movies that aren't just about the Jedi and their fight with the dark side.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Disney plans on continuing Episodes every other year, with "Star Wars Story" movies the years in between.

Ewan McGregor says he'd like to do an Obi-Wan spinoff movie.