• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Prime Day - Awesome Deals!

Help me understand something, if I look up a product and it's not on sale does that mean it's not going to be on sale or could it still be be part of prime later? In other words, would just searching for an item on Amazon show the Prime Day deal as well as if it's part of the upcoming deals?

Specifically, the nVidia Shield Android TV was part of Prime Day deals in the UK (according to what someone posted on the Shield Facebook page), but it's not showing as a Prime Day deal when I search for it.

Avid

:avid:
VIP
I wasn't overly impressed although I pulled the trigger on a bunch of warehouse deals stuff the other day when the 20% off code worked. Saved me $80

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Help me understand something, if I look up a product and it's not on sale does that mean it's not going to be on sale or could it still be be part of prime later? In other words, would just searching for an item on Amazon show the Prime Day deal as well as if it's part of the upcoming deals?

Specifically, the nVidia Shield Android TV was part of Prime Day deals in the UK (according to what someone posted on the Shield Facebook page), but it's not showing as a Prime Day deal when I search for it.
I don't know but it shocked me Amazon would discount the Nvidia Shield when it's a direct competitor to the FireTV.

I don't know but it shocked me Amazon would discount the Nvidia Shield when it's a direct competitor to the FireTV.
It's not really a direct competitor. To use a vehicle analogy, it's like comparing a Honda Accord (and Civic for the stick) to a Ford Raptor. Both are vehicles but the Raptor can get you more places and do a lot more things. The Shield is 2 to 3 times the price, is far more powerful (twice as powerful as an xbox 360), can be used as a Plex media server, NAS, DVR, and is heavily game focused. It supports HDR10, and HD audio including Dolby Atmos passthrough, and of course is 4k (as is the newest Fire TV).

They are indirect competitors though, both are Android based streaming devices with a lot of similar functionality. At the same time, the Shield is an indirect competitor to things like a Steam Link and Playstation/Xbox consoles. None compete head to head, but there is a lot of overlap in certain areas.

Without delving into a "which is better" discussion, let me just say the Matricom G-box is not really Android TV and it's for a different customer than something like an nVidia Shield.