• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Finally did Win 10 Upgrade

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
I installed Win 10 Pro 64 from disks on both desktops onto new SSD's late last year when I upgraded both systems. Made the SSD's the C: drives and the HDD's are D:, E:, etc. No problems, other than some of the features of Win 7 are gone, at least for the time being.

My ThinkPad came with 8.1, so I upgraded that with the MS download(s)... no problem once I got the Lenovo stuff upgraded as well.

If I did not need Windows, I would not have it on any computer.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
I am trying it again. I tried it early on, and it did not like my video card for streaming anything. So far, so good. I am guessing they solved the issue.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Anybody know offhand how many Hyper-V VM's Win10 Pro can handle simultaneously? I know the standard license of Server only allows 2. Something tells me their desktop software has a similar limitation.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
UGH

IT monkeys put Windows 10 on my work lappy when I sent it off for a refresh last week while on vacation.

:owned:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I wouldn't care two shits if when I typed in the P drive location in the search bar it didn't take 5 times as long to bring up the folder. :beerchug::party:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I wouldn't care two shits if when I typed in the P drive location in the search bar it didn't take 5 times as long to bring up the folder. :beerchug::party:
The first few hours of using Windows 10 access to drives was much slower, but it got back to normal by the next day, I didn't do anything. :shrug:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The first few hours of using Windows 10 access to drives was much slower, but it got back to normal by the next day, I didn't do anything. :shrug:
I hope you're right.

I understand that I'm accessing drives on our server in Tempe, but Win7 didn't lag this much.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
There's supposed to be a whopper of an update to roll out this tuesday. :eek:
Basically you get a "new" version of the OS. My thought is that it's improved. I doubt everybody will notice the differences but on the whole it works well.

Very tempted to put my machine back in the "production" loop rather than getting the preview versions all the time just because my laptop currently is my only computer.