• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The Simpsons Season 28 Premier! Vote Kodos... and spooky Arnold Palmer reference

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Make the universe great again!

The show also made a spooky reference to Arnold Palmer. The news of Arnold Palmer's death started breaking just minutes after the show ended on the East Coast.

Homer is seen pouring lemonade into a super soaker type water gun. When Marge questions him Homer explains he is filling up a water gun with lemonade, Carl was filling one with iced tea, and they were going to Arnold Palmer Lenny. After a short and unnecessary explanation, Marge disapproves.

"With above average height comes above average responsibility."

It's not quite "To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all the world's problems!" but I do think it will be long remembered nonetheless.

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
The Arnold Palmer thing is crazy, purely coincidental of course, but I was watching with my wife and after that joke she asked "Didn't Arnold Palmer die?"

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The Arnold Palmer thing is crazy, purely coincidental of course, but I was watching with my wife and after that joke she asked "Didn't Arnold Palmer die?"
Was the death announced before the show? The earliest tweet I saw was 8:45pm but I didn't look that hard.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Depends on where you are in the country I guess