• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The Jeopardy Amendment...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

It is clear the Presidential Election has been dividing more people than it has been uniting for many years now, and every year it only gets worse. The framers of our republic didn't even intend for the President to be that powerful of a person. We put ourselves through this every 4 years and for what? Half of us are always disappointed.

I propose we pass a 28th amendment no matter who gets elected as it's too late for this election. The amendment would read:

The office of President of the United States shall become a single 6 year term. The office of President shall be offered to the contestant with the highest score on Jeopardy the year prior to office. The pool of eligible contestants shall be limited to US Citizens born in the United States, its territories, or if born abroad, to at least one US parent. Eligible constants must also have reached the age of 35 and have committed no felonies inside the United States.

Obviously there needs to be a little more fine print but that is gist of it. Something we can all agree on. No demonizing the other side. We have a reasonably intelligent person and our life goes on, no campaign ads, no super-PACs, no primaries, no Blue States or Red States- all we as citizens have to do is worry about who we send to Congress.

Fine print-
If the contestant refuses or is unable to serve for any reason, the next highest contestant in the pool of eligible contestants will be selected. In case of a tie among constants the one of greater age will have higher standing. If they are the same age a coin toss will determine who has priority. If no one in the entire pool of contestants wants to job the position will go unfilled for a year and the following year the process is attempted again.

In years without a sitting President congress will require a 50%+1 majority in the Senate and 2/3rds majority in the House to pass a bill into law.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Trump as president would fit better in idiocracy than Hillary.

I'd vote for trump if he pulled out a gun during his state of the union and told South Carolina to shut up.

Last edited:

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP

I'd vote for trump if he pulled out a gun during his state of the unit n and told South Carolina to shut up.
Yeah, I completely agree. Hillary is more of a 1984 type leader.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

I'd vote for trump if he pulled out a gun during his state of the union and told South Carolina to shut up.
So you'll only vote for Trump if he's elected first. :shrug: