• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Small fusion reactors???

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Ground water being so contaminated it becomes flammable?

The fact that chemicals being pumped into the ground aren't made public because they are "trade secrets." If you pump something into the land it should be public record what you are pumping down there- we should know by now nothing stays buried. We're going to end up dealing with this shit in 50 or a 100 years just like we clean rivers now we used to allow industry to pollute.
The contaminated ground water comes from companies who don't know what they are doing. Those companies should be dealt with. As for the 'secret chemicals', that's BS. The oil and gas industry is one of, if not the most heavily sanctioned, regulated, scrutinized industries in existence.

Have you ever been on a well site? I've worked on drilling rigs, work over rigs, frac sites and production sites. Every container must be labeled clearly and properly or these companies are hit with massive fines. There is documentation for every chemical or substance on these locations and all of it is available to anyone who asks to see it. The oil and gas industry isn't nearly as environmentally destructive as the media would have you believe. Are there environmental impacts? Of course but that can be said about solar arrays, wind turbines, nuclear power plants, hydro electric dams, coal facilities etc. It is a cold hard fact that harvesting energy alters our environment no matter what form it is.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Until that happens I'd be happy no one fracks near any populated area.
Joe, go watch FrackNation then report back. Most of the negative fracking information was totally unfounded in the Gasland documentary. People in the areas where they were claiming that this has introduced natural gas into the water supply admit that they had natural gas in their water long before fracking came around. The basically debunk all the bad stuff that was discussed in the anti-fracking documentary.

Last edited:

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
It hasn't even begun. There is a natural gas shit storm of epic proportions brewing. It is the alternative fuel everyone is looking for. The only reason it hasn't taken off yet is because the greenies refuse to accept it since it is part of the oil industry.
'Merica. F*CK YEAH! !

Now all we need is a fed.gov that will tell the greenies to go choke on a bag of aids infested dicks so that we can get this train rolling.

Last edited:

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Should these things ever materialize it will, virtually overnight, turn the oil rich countries in the middle east into the same as the oil poor countries- that is- we won't really care what they do so long as they stay over there.
What do you mean "if ever"? What do you think powers our bases on the moon?

:oac:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Joe, go watch FrackNation then report back. Most of the negative fracking information was totally unfounded in the Gasland documentary. People in the areas where they were claiming that this has introduced natural gas into the water supply admit that they had natural gas in their water long before fracking came around. The basically debunk all the bad stuff that was discussed in the anti-fracking documentary.
Wow that was eye-opening, I had no idea.

However, you'd think a movie that was funded on Kickstarter and in the movie itself he says it's "their movie" that they would have uploaded it to YouTube so everyone could watch it for free- rather than require people pay to see it.

So it's clearly being done for profit, perhaps not as 'for the truth' as he made it seem.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Wow that was eye-opening, I had no idea.

However, you'd think a movie that was funded on Kickstarter and in the movie itself he says it's "their movie" that they would have uploaded it to YouTube so everyone could watch it for free- rather than require people pay to see it.

So it's clearly being done for profit, perhaps not as 'for the truth' as he made it seem.
Agree that he is making profit. But it does debunk a lot of the crap spewed in Gasland. I loved the rraawwrrr when the guy that was making the huge stink about his well being contaminated got clear water and test results came back clean.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Agree that he is making profit. But it does debunk a lot of the crap spewed in Gasland. I loved the rraawwrrr when the guy that was making the huge stink about his well being contaminated got clear water and test results came back clean.
Me too... and the impotent threats of lawsuits, and then to get the EPA video via a freedom of information act and catch them in their lies. :rotflmao:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
A very timely "The Simpsons" Episode last night- Mr. Burns was Fracking under Evergreen Terrace. :rotflmao: