• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Learn me on Photography

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
T5i or D60 is my dilemma now..
The :wifey: considered the same stuff and went with the 60D (aka, "the GOD camera"); she loves it. A friend of hers got the T5i and loves it. Moral of the story: Most people love whatever they buy.

I am looking at picking up a 70D this week. The deals/prices are all pretty much the same among the NYC/LI camera dealers.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Just a thought, avoid cameras like the Nikon 5300, they restrict you to lower quality glass. A camera on the order of the D7100 allows for a wider selection. You can also use older glass. On my D70s, I'm using a 20+ yo 50mm prime as my most used lens.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Nikon makes a low end kit lens that is probably included with te bundle you are looking at. I think you want to be looking for Nikon Nikkor glass.

Glass is expensive, but to get the most out of your body and get quality photos you have to invest in it.
I gave away my 18-55mm. Meh lens.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Just a thought, avoid cameras like the Nikon 5300, they restrict you to lower quality glass. A camera on the order of the D7100 allows for a wider selection. You can also use older glass. On my D70s, I'm using a 20+ yo 50mm prime as my most used lens.
I rock a D600 body, a 50/1.4, 24/1.4, and 24-70/2.8

I have precious few wants as far as glass goes, but they go like this 14-24/2.8, 70-200/2.8, and a 85/1.4. Those three are easily $6k in glass though on top of the $6500 of other stuff I'm already shooting.

I spent a bit on a crop-sensor stuff with my D80, but full-frame, pro-glass is the $$$$

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I rock a D600 body, a 50/1.4, 24/1.4, and 24-70/2.8

I have precious few wants as far as glass goes, but they go like this 14-24/2.8, 70-200/2.8, and a 85/1.4. Those three are easily $6k in glass though on top of the $6500 of other stuff I'm already shooting.

I spent a bit on a crop-sensor stuff with my D80, but full-frame, pro-glass is the $$$$
Full frame is on my dream list, but as you've noted glass is expensive. Total switchover just not happening unless I can grow my skill sufficiently that I might make a penny or three using it.

I'd like to get another prime or two for my current body. Maybe move to a D7100 etc next year if my wallet wills it and I don't have other bigger things to buy. Like a house. :)