• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Propane Heater

Toney Marconi

Fat, drunk, and stupid
VIP
Yeah, that's a good point, I don't even know where I would go to buy kerosene. I would have to look it up.
There's a gas station within 3 miles of me that sells kerosene. It's only $4.39/gallon :eek:

Diesel is almost $1 cheaper/gallon. I have no idea where I can get off-road diesel in small quantities around here.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
There's a gas station within 3 miles of me that sells kerosene. It's only $4.39/gallon :eek:

Diesel is almost $1 cheaper/gallon. I have no idea where I can get off-road diesel in small quantities around here.
On-road diesel would burn just as well if the heater is designed for it as mine is.

Only advantage to the off-road variety is not paying road taxes for the privilege of using it.

I'd go that route to save the $1/gal. Silly not to.

slideways

Ours burn diesel/kero/jet fuel. My dad claims the diesel doesnt smell as bad as the kero. I dont notice the difference but then again i prefer the kero afterburn vs propane smell.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
In my shop, I don't notice any smell from diesel. Of course, it's only slightly tighter than the average sieve.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
If you run diesel primarily, be sure to run a tank or two of kerosene through it every so often. Kerosene fumes aren't as bad as diesel, but neither bother me. The LPG units seem weak when compared to the kerosene units. The LPG one we had would plow through a bottle of LPG and wouldn't throw heat nearly as well as a kerosene one. i need to get mine back. We've hit a cold snap and it takes the chill off in my shop in a few minutes. Perfect to get the wood stove warm.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP

400k BTU

20#/hr

500# tank spec but trying 100# first
What the hell are you trying to heat??? My 125k BTU bullet heater heats my 40x50' shop (with 19' center point ceiling) just fine!!!

Avid

:avid:
VIP
Painting room at work. Probably 25 * 100 with 30 foot ceilings. No insulation and louvered fans in the ceiling. They just got it