• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Jurassic World

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Jurassic World What We Know So Far About Jurassic Park 4 - CinemaBlend.com

So they're making a Jurassic Park 4 and it's titled- Jurassic World. No real details other than it takes place 22 years after the original (which is just about this year anyway) and it's not a "reboot."

While I really enjoyed JP1, JP2 was nothing special and JP3 was awful. Honestly surprised they would try to continue with the story at all.

If I was tasked with writing a script I would be hard pressed to find a better scenario than the original island park idea.

I wonder if "Jurassic World" is akin to "Disney World" where we can simply expect a larger park of the same nature as JP1.

Release is scheduled for June 2015.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm not surprised, Jurassic park is a big licensing franchise. Time for a new generation of kids to get excited about dinosaurs.

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
While JP2 wasn't great, a handful of scenes were actually scenes from the book that didn't make it into the first movie. I guess we'll see if this one turns out any good. It has the potential to be good.

Canadian_gal

Jurassic World What We Know So Far About Jurassic Park 4 - CinemaBlend.com

So they're making a Jurassic Park 4 and it's titled- Jurassic World. No real details other than it takes place 22 years after the original (which is just about this year anyway) and it's not a "reboot."

While I really enjoyed JP1, JP2 was nothing special and JP3 was awful. Honestly surprised they would try to continue with the story at all.

If I was tasked with writing a script I would be hard pressed to find a better scenario than the original island park idea.

I wonder if "Jurassic World" is akin to "Disney World" where we can simply expect a larger park of the same nature as JP1.

Release is scheduled for June 2015.
Not surprising at all actually. Nothing original coming out of Hollywood these days. Seems like writers/producers/directors are turning to "reboots" or extending story lines to previous movies because they can't think of anything else that will bring them money.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
The dinosaur exhibit we went to this morning had Jurassic World plastered everywhere. What a ripoff. $22 per person to see a bunch of jerky movement rubber dinosaurs in a warehouse and a few jump houses. The exhibit must be promoting the movie. Too bad it wasn't impressive at all.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Not surprising at all actually. Nothing original coming out of Hollywood these days. Seems like writers/producers/directors are turning to "reboots" or extending story lines to previous movies because they can't think of anything else that will bring them money.
It's easy money. Not sure how many times Jurassic whatever can be redone though.

All the studios have their franchises they intend on milking for every dollar. Disney knows eleventybillion people will go to see anything that has to do with Star Wars, no matter how bad it is. Their investment in Lucasfilm will pay off huge.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Gotta love all the push back this is getting hat because of Pratt.

Personally I think it looks good and couldn't give two shits who their lead is.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Looks interesting to me...... GMO dinosaurs. Definitely a 2014 spin.