• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

All you suckers should stop renewing your driver's licences...

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
:puzzled: Last time I checked the driver's manual stated "driving privileges are not rights." Even had it written in messican and surrender frog-speak (au-fracois) too.

Reminds me of the time someone shot out the window the conspiracy theorist had an Infowars bumper sticker on.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
the driver's manual stated "driving privileges are not rights."
The driver's manual printed by the DMV corporation to ensure their own profits. :naw:

Natural law- you have the right to move, non-commercial driving is part of natural law.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Same arguments that they use claiming you don't have to pay taxes

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
While I agree that the intention of the founding fathers was to allow citizens to travel freely throughout the land without the need to "show papers", I understand that our politicians have been bastardizing and wiping their asses with the Constitution for longer than I've been alive.

Bottom line... they should have been more specific when writing the Commerce Clause. If not for the liberal interpretation of that clause and the bastardization of the Constitution in general, the guy in the video would be correct.

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
The driver's manual printed by the DMV corporation to ensure their own profits. :naw:

Natural law- you have the right to move, non-commercial driving is part of natural law.
But for some reason for all these years you need a license to "move."

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm sure a lawyer could spin that to say driving to work is part of commerce if they tried hard enough.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm sure a lawyer could spin that to say driving to work is part of commerce if they tried hard enough.
That's pretty much what politicians have done. You consume products made across state lines, so just about anything you do is covered by the commerce clause.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
If driving a personal vehicle was the only way to get from place to place, then this guy might have a leg to stand on. But it's not, and he doesn't.

Love his use of the definition of "driver" from a source dated 1856.