• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

PETE ROSE FOR THE HALL OF FAME!

mcatdtJEEP

Michael Jordan bet on basketball.... was forced to retire the first time in order to avoid it hitting the media...

Pete rose wasn't black enough for that to be offered

Cornholio01

Michael Jordan bet on basketball.... was forced to retire the first time in order to avoid it hitting the media...

Pete rose wasn't black enough for that to be offered
if you really want to put on the tinfoil, tie MJ's father's murder to his gambling.

His punishment has been infinitely harsher than anything these steroid users of today have gotten, and that's plain horseshit
the guys we're "sure" did roids have little shot at the Hall.

even guys that are just speculated on suffer. Bagwell, Piazza, etc

Cornholio01

difference is, McGwire & Giambi didn't take decades to admit their wrongs. Thats why they're accepted back into the game.

Cornholio01

Piazza was a freaking beast. not bad for a 50th round draft pick, & only selected b/c he's Lasorda's godchild.

The era's numbers are sooo inflated. First season I ever watched, 1987, was like that. Turned out the balls were made different.

back on topic... yep, Pete's still overrated. I rather see guys rewarded for excellence, not longevity. Jerome Bettis making the HOF was a similar debate.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Ha! Shows what you know!

Bettie isn't in the baseball HOF

:pirate: