• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

3.5 Ecoboost owners

John

Transplant
VIP
There is for a sec but it spools up pretty fast. I mean, any modern V8 truck with throttle by wire has some delay...

The only one I've driven that were actually sluggish off the line are brand new ones with lie 20 miles on them. They don't seem to have much power at all for the first few hundred miles or so.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
They get better by the year. I'm a bit surprised the Raptor is getting a 3.5 Ecoboost. I'd be more surprised if it lags at throttle snap. I've heard they might roll a 5.0 Ecoboost for the Raptor as a special order option only, but nobody at the local Ford dealers know about it. The main salesman I work with is trying to get one with a 5.0 Ecoboost. No luck thus far. Sounds like they may push that option to 2018. The Shelby F150 rolls a supercharged 5.0 @ 700hp. The supercharger response is instantaneous.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
I think it has more to do with the transmission than the motor. When I punch mine, the trans takes a second to pick a gear..

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I think it has more to do with the transmission than the motor. When I punch mine, the trans takes a second to pick a gear..
Off the line? Why in the hell would it not be already resting in first gear when sitting still?