• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cell Insurance?

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Do you carry insurance for your mobile devices through the provider (AT&T, VERIZON, etc.)??

Why or why not?

Thinking of dropping my cell insurance on our phones. Seems like an extra fee that I could do without.

Ralph

VIP
Do you carry insurance for your mobile devices through the provider (AT&T, VERIZON, etc.)??

Why or why not?

Thinking of dropping my cell insurance on our phones. Seems like an extra fee that I could do without.
Jesus F christ. You could have bought a new phone 3x over for what you pay in insurance.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Jesus F christ. You could have bought a new phone 3x over for what you pay in insurance.
That's what I'm thinking. Roughly $200 per line every 2 years is just about a phone, isn't it...

I think I'll drop.

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
Don't drop your shit and you'll be good. Since my contract expired I've bought my last 2 phones, not out of need but out of want. So if my primary fails I still have my back up. Asurion is a racket.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
For real!

I hate cases on phones. Enjoy the phone as it was designed and not with a case that makes it super thick.

The only cases I can get behind are the super slim leather case or a battery extending case for heavy travel days.

Ralph

VIP
I can't hold on to a Samsung phone without a case. Had a Spigen for a long time on my S5 and just went to a Caseology. I plan to keep the S5 for awhile yet.

The other reason I essentially must have a case: I use a magnet mount for the phone in my truck. Small piece of steel between the case and the phone = quick and easy mounting in the truck.

For real!

I hate cases on phones. Enjoy the phone as it was designed and not with a case that makes it super thick.

The only cases I can get behind are the super slim leather case or a battery extending case for heavy travel days.
Spigen case on my LG V10 adds nearly no extra bulk and was a helleva lot cheaper than the insurance you are paying for.