• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Laser Pegs Brands Review

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

Please see a newer review on a new of this product:
Despite the colorful lights I feel Laser Pegs are disappointing. The designs seem to be lacking- my "Space Fighter" looks decent enough but it is very delicate. You can't "play" with the finished product, you can't fly it around with your hand like you might a Lego or other-brand set. It is clear the designed were meant to be looked at, not played with.

The brick quality itself was lacking. I couldn't get a Lego standard height 2x2 brick to stick to the Laser Peg bricks, it would just slide off with no friction to hold it on. The flatter 1/3rd height Lego pieces seemed to adhere better. Interestingly though the Laser Peg bricks did stick to each other very well, much like I would expect two Lego bricks to stick together- tight enough not to fall apart but loose enough to take apart without need special tools.

The prices vary widely. The Sci Fi/Space Fighter I purchased I saw varying in price from $18 to $50 and even more when I look today. Honestly the $18 price is about what it is worth, I would not spend over $20 on that set. Make sure you do your research before buying. I purchased from the ebay store The Game King. Do a search for "Laser" to see what they have available- the best prices I have seen at the time of this writing.

Laser Pegs calls itself "The Ultimate Toy For Kids." I could not disagree more. These aren't toys. You won't have fun if you try to play with these. They are also far from "Ultimate" at anything. Unfortunately I have to rate them low on "fun." You might want to buy one like I did, but I doubt many will want to buy two or more.

To put in or replace the batteries will require a Philips screw-driver. I suppose they don't trust kids enough not to eat the batteries but they do trust them enough not to eat the little plastic pieces.

Some examples of sets you will find are below-

02-817I6mX7lkL._SL1500_.jpg 03-71vIMbh-8-L._SL1500_.jpg 04-61n5EsoamKL._SL1500_.jpg

Note- Don't be surprised if you see Laser Pegs in white boxes- best I can tell they used to be white but have since changed over to a glossy black. I don't see any differences in parts counts or set designs between the different box colors.

00-LaserPegs-Logo.png

Attachments

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Laserpegs actually responded to the YouTube video. Have to give a company credit for actually looking at what social media is saying/doing with their product. :up:

Laser Pegs

Hi Joe!
It's Tim over at Laser Pegs.
We're dispatching your new Laser Pegs Tinted Space Fighter Set out today so you can see how far we've come with our new QC policies and our new Tinted Parts.
You can get a feel of the kit before you get it by checking this page out:
http://www.laserpegs.com/shop/kits/tinted-space-fighter/
Be sure to watch the video to get an idea of the excitement the new kit brings!

I'll let you know as soon as I get tracking info for it.
Thank you for the second chance, Joe!
:)
Tim

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Hi Joe!
It's Tim over at Laser Pegs.
We're dispatching your new Laser Pegs Tinted Space Fighter Set out today so you can see how far we've come with our new QC policies and our new Tinted Parts.
You can get a feel of the kit before you get it by checking this page out:
http://www.laserpegs.com/shop/kits/tinted-space-fighter/
Be sure to watch the video to get an idea of the excitement the new kit brings!

I'll let you know as soon as I get tracking info for it.
Thank you for the second chance, Joe!
Tim
Thanks Tim, I took a look at that video- looks like nice improvements. :up:

I'll try to put it together as soon as I can.

Laser Pegs

Thanks Tim, I took a look at that video- looks like nice improvements. :up:

I'll try to put it together as soon as I can.
Joe, you are very welcome... Take your time man, no rush. We just want you to see how the quality and overall experience has been dramatically improved... We're happy you took a look at the video... Honest review for a kit... Not paid or otherwise compensated... We think he really, REALLY likes it... How about you?
Here's tracking for you:
Fedex.com: 558181400110
Track your package or shipment with FedEx Tracking

It shows the tracking is invalid right now, I assure you, it's waiting to be picked up with the daily FedEx.

We're looking forward to hearing from you and hoping to win you back!
Tim

Last edited:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
:disagree: Alabama women would be the models.
* please. I saw the Canuck cousins from meechigun when Alabama donkeystomped the wolverines in the jerry dome. They were all built like linemen and freaking wore jerseys jjj

Laser Pegs

Laser Pegs

Tractors have been part of Laser Pegs since the beginning. We have made several sets with Tractors as the theme since the beginning... The most recent version is the Zippy Do Tractors set, you can see that here:
http://www.laserpegs.com/shop/kits/tractor/
Pretty neat set... The powerbase lights up and is incorporated into the build... It works with all other Laser Pegs sets also... We've been moving to Mobile Power Source kits and sets to increase the "playability" and value of the sets... No more do you have to build a "static model" and look at it... Now, kids and AFOL can "play" with the sets.
Check out the complete lineup here:
http://www.laserpegs.com/shop/