• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Learn me on Photography

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
For a DSLR, do I want an 18-55 lens and a 55-200 or a 55-300 lens? I'm thinking the 55-300 lens is more versatile, but is it too heavy/bulky for everyday use? What say the JUOT photo peeps?

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
I'm in the same boat, I just bought a 50mm prime, a 75-300mm and the 18-55mm that is coming with the camera (Canon T5i).. All Canon Lenses

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
So you bought all the lenses, like I'm considering, I'm just in Nikon instead.
yeah, buying it all piece by piece to give to :wifey: for xmas.

so far I have:

75-300mm lens
50mm prime lens
Canon Backpack Bag
Samsung 16GB memory cards

Got all this in my cart saved for later...

Canon T5i with 18-55mm lens (waiting on it to go on sale.)
UV filters

Last edited:

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
May be, but a bag is a bag in my opinion and memory cards are all the same too. Maybe I should price individually...
memory cards are not the same.. most of these cameras need a fast card.. the cheap chit they give you in those bundles cant keep up with the camera..

From my research..

Plus you really want some cheap ass bag holding your $1200 worth of Camera Equipment, only to loose a stich and watch it all hit the ground...

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Separately, I can get the D5300 body, the 18-55lens and the 55-300 lens for around $900. Still need memory card and carry bag.

Cornholio01

better get wife's permission before she clips yer nuts for ya

oh wait I thought this was a Leon thread. I'll assume you actually have balls connected to your spine. carry on

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
better get wife's permission before she clips yer nuts for ya

oh wait I thought this was a Leon thread. I'll assume you actually have balls connected to your spine. carry on
:wifey: is actually encouraging this purchase. Just trying to find the best deal.

Skip the kit lenses and piece together a quality kit. Buy the body seperately. Get a good 50 mm prime lens first, the spend the money on quality zoom.