• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

As if you needed another reason NOT to go to a Baseball game...

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
It is for us. Any type of ball field is off limits to carry per law. I think it's dumb since our minor league field isn't in the best of locations. Thank Mr Ruger and Sturm for pocket carry :pirate:

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
The NHL has been wanding people prior to games since the Boston Marathon bombings. In DC you can't legally carry anyways...

John

Transplant
VIP
The NHL has been wanding people prior to games since the Boston Marathon bombings. In DC you can't legally carry anyways...
I noticed that at a Hurricanes game. They had serious security. They wouldn't even let me in with my TSA approved Swiss army key chain till I got a supervisor.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Sporting events haven't allowed weapons for decades, this is just a new tool to catch those violating the rules.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Imagine if a terrorist or some nutter got in with a gun and fired off a few shots. He wouldnt kill many with a bullet but the resulting stampede/crush for the exit will kill many. Now if some of those in the crowd had CCW and tried shooting back, this would only exacerbate matters as nobody would know who was the bad guy and who the good, hence more panic

Those with CCW mat be great shots in a range but how good are they when they have people panicking around them and bashing into them when they are trying to take aim

I am sure that they are banning guns not because they hate guns but because they hate a panicked crowd more, the latter being the deadlier

John

Transplant
VIP
I'm actually surprised that there haven't been more mass shootings or terrorist attacks at sporting events.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I noticed that at a Hurricanes game. They had serious security. They wouldn't even let me in with my TSA approved Swiss army key chain till I got a supervisor.
Going into the dome last year for the SEC championship game they had everyone empty pockets and wanded us - my keychain has one of these on it -- Amazon.com Key Chain Pry Tool Other Products Sports Outdoors

She saw the little blade and said "DAT A BOX CUTTA?" I told her no, it's a seatbelt cutter. "OH OKAY DEN." Walk right in. So now I'll just start calling shit by a different name to bypass all security :jump:

DAT A PISTOL?

No ma'am, it's a lighter.

YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T SMOKE IN'NERE

I know, I just carry it all the time.

OKAY DEN, GO ON IN