• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

you and me BB Codes

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
[you] = [you] (your username)
Type [you] in a thread title or post and the phrase [you] will be replaced with the username of whoever is viewing the thread.

Example:
[SIZE="2"][you][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][you][/SIZE] [SIZE="6"][you][/SIZE] =
[you] [you] [you]

[NOBB][me][/NOBB] = [me] (my username)
Just a quick way for the author of a post, in this case, [me], to enter their own username. NOTE- unlike [NOBB][you], [me][/NOBB] does NOT work in as many places as you- it only works in posts and thread titles at the moment.

You may need to reload (refresh) the thread after submitting a post with this BB Code for it to show correctly.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I have updated [NOBB][you][/NOBB] to work in search results, that means it will work in "New Posts" and "Todays Posts" as well.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
When do we get the [readmymind] tag where our current thoughts are auto-injected into a post without having to type them out?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
[NOBB][you][/NOBB] now works in signatures... You won't see it when you first make the sig, but it will work in posts.

Also unregistered / guests will now simply see 'you' instead of "Unregistered."

I have released this as an advanced mod with options at vBulletin.org.
VB 4.x Version
VB 3.x Version

Or you can download it here as the attachment in this post. It will work on both VB 3.x and 4.x.

Updated to Version 0.92 (Beta)

Attachments

badgirl

Okay I confess already I am stupid and haven't got the slightest idea about anything. especially what you are talking about.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It's very simple... if you type: [NOBB][you][/NOBB] into a post on this forum it will be replaced automatically by the username of whoever is reading the post... So for example I'm going to type it below and you will see your username instead:
[you]

It makes for interesting threads... when you see your exact username in a post you can't be sure if its really YOU or just the [NOBB][you][/NOBB] code.