• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Fear the Walking Dead

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Looks promising. Not into the main characters so far. Will give it a few more tries to see if it's worth watching.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm going to predict that the druggie kid ends up being the protagonist. Basically take him from rock bottom to leading people out of the City. Already shows that he's got a good survival instinct.

I'm a little surprised that they started off following one family rather than jumping around to multiple characters that will later possibly end up together.

neevo

Limey Hippo
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just the right amount of build up and the folks finally realising things are not quite what you would expect

If it had gone straight into a gore fest then it wouldnt have been much different to every other zombie story around

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Sounds good on the surround sound. Good start, took a bit too long, would've been better without so many fawking commercials (DVR'd it).

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Episode 1.02 - So Close, Yet So Far

Madison tries to keep Nick from withdrawal; Travis sets out to locate his son before Los Angeles falls.

Episode 1.03 - The Dog

After they escape a riot, Travis, Liza and Chris seek refuge with the Salazars; Madison defends her home.

Episode 1.04 - Not Fade Away

Madison and Travis see different sides of the National Guard’s occupation in their neighborhood; the family tries to adapt to the new world.

Episode 1.05 - Cobalt

The National Guard’s plan for the neighborhood is revealed; Travis and Madison make a difficult decision.

Episode 1.06 - The Good Man

As civil unrest grows, and the dead take over, Travis and Madison try to devise ways to protect their families.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
matt is a simpleton who needs nonstop action and cannot enjoy the simple pleasures of watching a society crash. :clapping:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
If you can't build a decent story within two episodes to hook a viewer, your writing is the suck.
Dysfunctional family pulling together to overcome the end of the world isn't a decent story? How about the druggie kid at rock bottom at the outset of the epidemic rising to a leader to bring people out of the chaos? I'm enjoying it.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Episode 4 was pretty good. Not super surprising though.

It's getting better every episode. I can't but help think that the military would not be quite as free and unopposed in TX, AZ, UT or any other heavily pro-2A state. It's all fiction of course, but the whole "let the gov't handle everything, we trust them" seems a very CA thing.