• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Floor Plan

John

Transplant
VIP
I'm not reading all of this, but why do you want your master closet to be roughly the same size as your master bedroom? Seems ridiculous

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Yet you have a 5x5 laundry room??
In the current iteration. I've seen them with the machines so tight that you can't have the doors open without the room door open.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm not reading all of this, but why do you want your master closet to be roughly the same size as your master bedroom? Seems ridiculous
Was originally to be a combo closet and bonus space for my computer desk and stuff. It's essentially free space, so lacking a better use, it is a closet. Amusing that I get bashed for having a huge closet and for not using it as a huge closet in the same thread.

I threw this together earlier but didn't get around to posting it until now. I'd probably do something different if it were my house, but I think it hits everything you have said you want as well as keeping things in basically the same location and the same exterior walls as your most recent post. You did notice you don't have any general use closet space right? Where are you going to put coats, a vacuum cleaner, etc.?

The yellow square to the left of the stairs is the top of the pantry. You have a mud room laundry room combo, small office/desk area, divided walk-in closet with much larger "hers" side, and basically the same layout as you had other than swapping kitchen and dining area. Entry to basement stairs is open from the hall side under the stairs, put a door at the bottom. Might be hard to see in the picture, that's a shower next to the tub in the master bath.

John

Transplant
VIP
Was originally to be a combo closet and bonus space for my computer desk and stuff. It's essentially free space, so lacking a better use, it is a closet. Amusing that I get bashed for having a huge closet and for not using it as a huge closet in the same thread.
I'm not bashing you, it just seems like a huge waste of space. I do agree that your laundry room is way too small.

All bs aside, you should consult with a professional.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I threw this together earlier but didn't get around to posting it until now. I'd probably do something different if it were my house, but I think it hits everything you have said you want as well as keeping things in basically the same location and the same exterior walls as your most recent post. You did notice you don't have any general use closet space right? Where are you going to put coats, a vacuum cleaner, etc.?

The yellow square to the left of the stairs is the top of the pantry. You have a mud room laundry room combo, small office/desk area, divided walk-in closet with much larger "hers" side, and basically the same layout as you had other than swapping kitchen and dining area. Entry to basement stairs is open from the hall side under the stairs, put a door at the bottom. Might be hard to see in the picture, that's a shower next to the tub in the master bath.

He won't like that. Kitchen is too close to the tv.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
All bs aside, you should consult with a professional.
Would it surprise you to find that I consulted with professionals on my master bath and kitchen remodels at the Compound and that I've already engaged a professional regarding this project?

He won't like that. Kitchen is too close to the tv.
I don't like it and I designed it. No closet space outside the master, master bedroom is smaller than the master closet/desk area, stairs seem awkwardly placed, master bath stuck within the 40x28 area, no fireplace, I could probably go on. It was the best I could come up with and fit his design requirements. On the plus side it "fixes" the kitchen issues (could use some tweaking) and only required some minor interior wall moving.

Being able to move the stairs and change them to a different style would help, as would more freedom with the master closet and more room overall.