• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Stargate SG1 vs. Stargate Atlantis

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I wondered if a decade difference would have changed my mind about Stargate SG1 vs. Stargate Atlantis like it did by changing my opinion of Star Trek Enterprise (I now think Enterprise was a great show.)

Unfortunately for SGA I'm feeling exactly the same. SG1 was still the far superior show. The "Wraith" are ridiculous over-the-top villains. It's almost silly. I know it's sci fi and all but at least Gao'uld (or however it's spelt) linked up with ancient cultures on Earth- there was something believable about them. The Replicators too felt like an enemy that may well exist one day. The Wraith on the other hand are more out of fantasy that sci fi. Closer to Vampires than Klingons.

I'll keep watching it, but the SG series was clearly taking steps down, not up, with each new spinoff.

:up:

:down:

Stargate Universe?
There is no way that is possible.
Yes, Stargate Universe. I'd also probably put Star Trek Voyager at the top of the Star Trek shows. Not sure if it's because they are different enough not to feel like more of the same or if it's the alone and struggling to survive aspect, but I liked those spin-offs better than the others.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
nope

Babylon 5 > .
After bsg went off the air, I watched B5 on netflix over the course of a year.

not even close. B5 was about 20% substance, 75% fluff, 5% cheesey cutaways :rotflmao:

BSG only had a handful of filler episodes, but even they werent bad, just didn't contribute to the arcs