• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Housing prices are collapsing

SpurmLover

BANNED!
Get what you can get for your house today because it's going to be much much less tomorrow for many many years to come.:beerchug:

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Where? The house market was dried out when I was looking this summer. All the nice homes sold already, only crap on the market.

squirrely

skwirlie fing
Banks here are actually fixing up the foreclosures unlike when hubcap and I bought two years ago. No more dead lawns or crapped up houses. They just got finished laying sod down the street and painting the house a block over.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
this beat up house i looked at a year ago was finally purchased, and gutted. they've got it down to the studs inside and to the sheathing outside.

i really didn't look at it per se, there was so much garbage on the back porch that we didn't even bother to go in. they were asking $40k and my realtor was pissed, "they have a lot of nerve asking that for this." i'll have to scratch down the address and pull it up on the auditor's site and see what they got for it.

Rugster

Old And In The Way
VIP
What amazed me is how when the prices was going up at a stupid rate nobody thought it was unusual but now it is going the other way they are shocked. Common sense is uncommon these days.