• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Anyone know of any security recording DVRs with HDMI inputs?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
There are plenty of inexpensive security recording DVR's on Amazon but they all have analog camera inputs. Someone must have created one with HDMI inputs by now, no? I know the HDMI inputs would NOT allow copying protected content (HDCP) but it doesn't have to, the output from a small digital camera doesn't use HDCP.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
You might have better luck finding an HDMI to BNC connector

neelandan

Owner of dot net
HDMI is intended to be a display interface. You will have better luck buying an IP camera and looking for a recorder with Ethernet.

neelandan

Owner of dot net
The issue might be that of bandwidth. For surveillance you use a low frame rate at the maximum resolution in order to keep the data rate down.

But then, I haven't actually set up those things. So feel free to disregard this uninformed drivel.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Joe, do you want a GOOD Network Camera? I might have one I can send you.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
No,there are no good network cameras, not when they share the network with all other data. But thank you.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm thinking of throwing it on ebay, it's a ~$500 camera

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
:clapping::clapping::clapping: